Author Topic: Flat Out Tire Sealant  (Read 3755 times)

DGRiley570

• View Profile
Flat Out Tire Sealant
« on: August 04, 2022, 09:33:42 AM »
Has anyone used Flat Out Tire Sealant with the Rad Rover 6 Plus. I have used it. I used 16 oz. and a Tire presure of about 24 psi. I get a bounce when I ride. What are others experiences?

Rover80

• View Profile
Re: Flat Out Tire Sealant
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 10:15:37 AM »
I installed a quarter bottle of it per tire instead of the half bottle recommended by FO and inflated both tires to 25 psi. I have just started riding it one week after using the sealant (new RR6+) and have not experienced any bouncing. Only have 11 miles on the bike so far.

Radio Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 10:59:08 PM »
This question has been asked many times. Flat Out is highly praised here.

I have a 3rd of a bottle in my rear RRunner tire. So far so good.

VegasSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 12:34:30 PM »
I called them and yeah, they recommend 16 oz per tire on a 26x4 tire.  Based on this thread, I think I will try 8 ounces and see what happens.  Thanks for the heads up!

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 10:28:38 AM »
I called them and yeah, they recommend 16 oz per tire on a 26x4 tire.  Based on this thread, I think I will try 8 ounces and see what happens.  Thanks for the heads up!

VegasSteve,
How did your experience with flat out go?
 Questions,
 Is it messy?
Did you use the sportsman formula?
How much did you end up using? I also have the 26x4 tires on my 2021 Radrover.
Thanks, Paul

rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 05:48:26 PM »
I installed 16oz. in my Radrover 26x4 tires and didn't notice any bounce. Installed in original Kenda tires & Origin 8 Supercells no bounce noticed.

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2022, 06:19:44 PM »
I installed 16oz. in my Radrover 26x4 tires and didn't notice any bounce. Installed in original Kenda tires & Origin 8 Supercells no bounce noticed.

Sportsman formula?
Messy?
Tire pressure?
Thanks, rjp

JedidiahStolzfus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2022, 07:10:40 PM »
Just had a can delivered this evening.  I'll be putting it in tomorrow morning.

rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 05:15:25 AM »
I called Flat Out Co. and asked what formula to use in a fat tire ebike and was told to use to Multi-use formula, the gold labeled bottle. Easy clean up with water, not messy. I run suggested pressures on tires for best rolling resistance. Easy to install, just remember to have valve stem up, on the top of the tire when checking tire pressure. Last for 10 years. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:38:40 PM by rjp »

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2022, 07:42:33 AM »
I called Flat Out Co. and asked what formula to use in a fat tire ebike and was told to use to Multi-use formula, the gold labeled bottle. Easy clean up with water, not messy. I run suggested pressures on tires for best rolling resistance. Easy to install, just remember to have valve stem up when checking tire pressure. Last for 10 years.

Thanks rjp

VegasSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2022, 01:48:49 PM »

VegasSteve,
 Questions,
 Is it messy?
Thanks, Paul

Sorry for the slow reply.  Not really messy, used the multi formula. Went well for the back tire, however, before adding flat out, I had been playing with tire pressures for the best ride and had a major failure of the front tube (think like... BOOM!!!).  Maybe the tube was pinched when installed?  Anyway, I'm waiting on a replacement tube.  Not too concerned about the front tire anyway as it's pretty easy to change the tube in that one.

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2022, 02:39:38 PM »

VegasSteve,
 Questions,
 Is it messy?
Thanks, Paul

Sorry for the slow reply.  Not really messy, used the multi formula. Went well for the back tire, however, before adding flat out, I had been playing with tire pressures for the best ride and had a major failure of the front tube (think like... BOOM!!!).  Maybe the tube was pinched when installed?  Anyway, I'm waiting on a replacement tube.  Not too concerned about the front tire anyway as it's pretty easy to change the tube in that one.

Thanks VegasSteve,

JedidiahStolzfus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 07:49:03 AM »
Finally got around to putting it in this morning before I have to head to work.  Took it for a quick test ride.  Either it's the flatout or I got the tire bead seated better, but I no longer sound like a swarm of angry bees, now I sound like a swarm of mildly annoyed bees.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 07:49:03 AM »