Author Topic: Rear brake  (Read 1434 times)

Hans1940

• View Profile
Rear brake
« on: August 03, 2022, 09:11:07 PM »
I have a new Radrunner 2 and I like the e-bike but the rear brake doesn't seem to be working right. The front brakes work well  but when I apply the rear brake it doesn't really slow the bike down no matter how hard I pull on the lever. I cleaned the disk with alcohol but that didn't make any difference. Thanks for any help.

Si1Dia

• View Profile
Re: Rear brake
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 10:40:23 AM »
try cleaning the rotor, sanding the rotor and brake pads, bedding, and trying it again. this video is great to govern the process of doing this.:

https://youtu.be/qsZPUyFZaxQ

Hans1940

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 11:27:39 PM »
Did what you suggested and also watched the video, still not as good as the front brake but the rear is a lot better. Thank you.

Rover80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2022, 06:07:46 AM »
Make sure the caliper is centered to the rotor. If it is slightly off center, you won't get proper/complete contact between the pads and the rotor. Loosen the caliper mounting bolts that hold the caliper to the frame, so that there is a very slight bit of physical movement of the caliper. Then compress and hold the brake lever while re-tightening the caliper support bolts to the proper Newton Meter specs.Your caliper will now be centered to the rotor.

Hugh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 10:11:26 AM »
Try replacing the brake cable.  It may be defective causing spongy lever feel.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 10:11:26 AM »