News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Center stand possible?

Started by VegasSteve, July 26, 2022, 09:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

VegasSteve

I just ordered a Radrover 6 plus.  Years ago, I rode motorcycles and always found the center stand more stable than the kickstand, so that's whay I'm used to.  I see there are some aftermarket center stands out there... does anyone have experience with these or an opinion if they would work with a Radrover?

Treefriend

My Rad Power Wagon came with a center stand. Very easy to use.

But when I look at my Rad5 I don't see any way the center stand could work. The Power Wagon has the extended rear fork and that makes room to bolt the stand on but on a regular sized bike I don't think the pedals would clear it.

Quote from: VegasSteve on July 26, 2022, 09:10:51 AM
I just ordered a Radrover 6 plus.  Years ago, I rode motorcycles and always found the center stand more stable than the kickstand, so that's whay I'm used to.  I see there are some aftermarket center stands out there... does anyone have experience with these or an opinion if they would work with a Radrover?

VegasSteve

Thanks for the reply and info.  I was kinda figuring that, but thought I would ask.

R.C.Copper

My last bike was a mtb and it didn't have a stand at all so I had forgotten how much I hated sidestands. I had a Rebel 250 with a center stand and LOVED it. I got Artex two weeks ago and was reminded even more how much I hate sidestands, a center stand was one of the first things I want to do as well.
Treefriend pointed out the problem I ran into as well, so I decided to construct something that bolts onto the rear rack. I found a temporary one on amazon made by Ibera but it's more for doing maintenance than a out-and-about stand.

The one i'm going to make for the rear rack looks like the ones that normally attach to the rear wheel hub. Since the Rad6's deraileur and guard would get in the way, i'm going to try and attach it to the rack instead. I'll post pics when I start that project.

BTW, did anyone else notice how much delicate wiring is exposed under the pedal axle?! Take a look at that part on a Motorcross bike and you see one of the thickest pieces of metal on the bike. Not knocking Rad, the bike is amazing. Maybe I just need to read deeper into this forum, I just signed up a few min ago.

Ride safe.

VegasSteve

R.C., looking forward to seeing your pics.  Hope it works out (and I can copy it! lol)