Author Topic: RAD not delivering?  (Read 3268 times)

ryanggg

• View Profile
RAD not delivering?
« on: July 21, 2022, 12:35:21 AM »
Hi,

I ordered a RAD wagon 4 cargo bike and accessories on 18th May and was told it will take 5-8 weeks for a UK delivery from the .eu website.
I received the accessories within 2-3 weeks but it's been 9 weeks and I still don't have a bike.
Frustratingly it had been for a birthday gift and I missed the date.

Has anyone else received a bike to the UK? Or from the .EU site? Lately.

getting worried as I spent ?2000+ and if I order a different bike I'll have to do something with all the accessories.

Update 2022-08-18: Bike and all parts arrived ~3 weeks late. The bike is awesome!!  ;D ;D

Thanks,
Ryan
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 01:29:54 AM by ryanggg »

ryanggg

• View Profile
Re: RAD not delivering?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 12:46:55 AM »
A bit of googling shows other people having similar problems. One person say they have waited 12 weeks.
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/radpowerbikes.eu

ryanggg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 05:13:12 AM »
To update. It's now been 10 weeks and they still can't say when my bike will be delivered.
They simply say to email at the end of the week.
When I then email on Fiday, they ignore the email on Monday and tell me to wait again.

To really irritate me, they've been spamming me twice a week since I ordered the bike.
The latest spam is to announce a UK delivery centre that will reduce waiting time from 8 weeks to 15 days.
I had to laugh at getting spammed about quick delivery while awaiting delivery. :S

JedidiahStolzfus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:39:45 AM »
I ordered my bike at the beginning of July, as well as a pile of accessories.  They broke it out in 3 shipments.  Bike in one, fenders in another, light, control panel, basket and bottle/cage in another. 

The bike arrived 2 days early, but signature was required for delivery.  FedEx ground didn't bother to get a signature, just dumped the bike on the front step and left.  No knocking no bell, nothing, just left it there.  Fortunately I was home and retrieved it right away.  If Radpower is paying for signature service, I bet they're getting ripped off across the country.

The fenders, had a shipping label created the same day, but then wasn't put on a truck for 7 days.  I don't know if that's due to Radpower failing to put it on a truck or if FedEx just didn't stop by and pick up it.  They showed up a week after being put on the truck.

The rest of the accessories were put on a truck 2 days after the bike was, which was 4 days after the order.  They then sat in Oregon for 3 days before moving again.  They showed up a week after finally moving from Oregon.

I recently ordered some spare parts to have on hand considering my experience with my initial order.  A pair of tires and tubes, a pair of rotors and pads.  I don't want to have to wait for things to arrive, I'd rather have them on hand immediately. 

That order has been split into two packages, both of them are currently sitting at Label Created, which means they haven't been picked up yet.  The order was placed on 7/22.  One is expected 7/30, and the other 8/1.  I won't see either on the expected dates.

I contacted RPCS on my initial order when things when awry.  They wanted me to believe in 2022, that it takes 5 to 10 days for information to appear in the tracking system.  Even though the label created information was basically instantaneous.  That was an obvious blow off by their CS department.  I never could get a straight answer out of them about why the packages were late.  Honestly, it isn't my responsibility to contact FedEx either, I'm not FedEx's customer, I'm RadPower's customer, and FedEx ground is pissing off their customers.  They should be contacted FedEx about those issues.

So far, 5 out of 5 packages have been screwed up in one way or another. 

rxevans

• View Profile
Re: RAD not delivering, and when it does?
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 09:15:29 AM »
I too had my expensive RR6+ bike dumped in the driveway - while I was home!  Didn?t even knock. However, the delivery was timely. That was the least of my troubles. 

The experiences I?ve had with the bike since then  should be available for anyone that is interested in this eBike.

Three nasty surprises in three weeks of ownership.

At slow speeds, and when you are perhaps navigating a rock or hole, the bike will throw on a burst of power after you stop pedaling. It might last just a fraction of a second but it is enough for you to slam that rock or hole. Unsafe!
   If you blow the 10 amp mini fuse in the battery (not hard to do) you can?t charge the battery and changing the fuse is ?not possible? according to Rad (why have a fuse then!). The fuse is buried in the case under shrink wrap and gobs of RTV cement. Much more cement than the guy in the internet video had to deal with. The devious Rad engineers must have seen the video and tried to make it even more difficult to change the fuse. Rad told me to purchase a new battery for $600!  The fuse costs about $.10 in any auto parts store. I performed the task and everything works again but it was tedious and harrowing. Not something everyone should attempt. BTW, to do this you must break the warranty seals. Not a smart design! Cunning maybe, but not smart. 
   The best for last! If you attempt to climb a hill that is long and steep enough that speed drops to 5 mph you will have to stop and walk. The lowest gear is not nearly low enough for such a heavy bike. The ?750w? motor is controlled to give you very little torque at below 5 mph. Rad told me, ?it was made that way, but it is great for climbing hills!?  Yeah, great for climbing hills if you hit them at maximum speed. If it is too bumpy or otherwise unsafe to climb at high speed you will be walking.
There are no upgrades that I can find as Rad keeps the design a moving target and the aftermarket doesn?t seem to have caught up.
If you haven?t purchased a RR6 yet, keep looking.

Rover

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 03:02:27 PM »
I just bought a Rover 6 Plus and it was delivered in a matter of days. Maybe different lengths of time for different models?

Tree

• View Profile
Re: RAD not delivering, and when it does?
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 04:35:57 PM »
   At slow speeds, and when you are perhaps navigating a rock or hole, the bike will throw on a burst of power after you stop pedaling. It might last just a fraction of a second but it is enough for you to slam that rock or hole. Unsafe!

That's you doing that. That's the pedal assist. It's literally a key feature of the bike - when you pedal, it pedals. To reduce that burst, drop down to PA1.

If you blow the 10 amp mini fuse in the battery (not hard to do) you can?t charge the battery and changing the fuse is ?not possible? according to Rad (why have a fuse then!). The fuse is buried in the case under shrink wrap and gobs of RTV cement. Much more cement than the guy in the internet video had to deal with. The devious Rad engineers must have seen the video and tried to make it even more difficult to change the fuse. Rad told me to purchase a new battery for $600!  The fuse costs about $.10 in any auto parts store. I performed the task and everything works again but it was tedious and harrowing. Not something everyone should attempt. BTW, to do this you must break the warranty seals. Not a smart design! Cunning maybe, but not smart. 

Yea, this is a problem. It's been discussed endlessly all over the web. The battery is poorly designed.

That being said, If you're not charging by the BOOB method, you should be to eliminate this from happening. If you don't go Battery-Outlet, Outlet-Battery when plugging and unplugging, you're going to have this happen.

The best for last! If you attempt to climb a hill that is long and steep enough that speed drops to 5 mph you will have to stop and walk. The lowest gear is not nearly low enough for such a heavy bike. The ?750w? motor is controlled to give you very little torque at below 5 mph. Rad told me, ?it was made that way, but it is great for climbing hills!?  Yeah, great for climbing hills if you hit them at maximum speed. If it is too bumpy or otherwise unsafe to climb at high speed you will be walking.

I don't know you or your body size (this matters in this situation), but this also sounds like user error - that motor isn't going to get you up that hill, but PA5 and a low gear will get you up most hills. I've gone up some extremely steep hills - some of them on grass or less than ideal surfaces - and PA5 with low gearing and furious pedaling has gotten me up every hill.

There are no upgrades that I can find as Rad keeps the design a moving target and the aftermarket doesn?t seem to have caught up.
If you haven?t purchased a RR6 yet, keep looking.

I'll disagree. I got my rad in January. I've gone 1,300 miles in 6 months, and my Rad Rover 6 Plus has been absolutely life changing in the best possible ways.

Treefriend

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 09:01:10 PM »
Any news?

Hi,

I ordered a RAD wagon 4 cargo bike and accessories on 18th May and was told it will take 5-8 weeks for a UK delivery from the .eu website.
I received the accessories within 2-3 weeks but it's been 9 weeks and I still don't have a bike.
Frustratingly it had been for a birthday gift and I missed the date.

Has anyone else received a bike to the UK? Or from the .EU site? Lately.

getting worried as I spent ?2000+ and if I order a different bike I'll have to do something with all the accessories.

Thanks,
Ryan

jpdlf

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 06:18:06 AM »
 Hello,
 I recently ordered a Rad6 Plus. I live in Florida and the bike shipped in 2 days and will arrive in 5 days.
I hope I can assemble it! :)
Jim D.

JedidiahStolzfus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2022, 12:12:52 PM »
Hello,
 I recently ordered a Rad6 Plus. I live in Florida and the bike shipped in 2 days and will arrive in 5 days.
I hope I can assemble it! :)
Jim D.

Not sure if serious or not, but assembly is simple.  The only real gotcha is to make sure you open the brake calipers a bit before inserting the rotor.  Make sure you adjust them properly before your first ride.

VegasSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2022, 03:27:04 PM »
I ordered my RR6 plus on Monday (25th) and got it today (28th), but I'm also on the west coast USA.

Rad should really talk with FedEx to explain to them what "This Side Up" means.  I suppose they are getting a good rate so they don't want to rock the boat though.  Hopefully mine is ok, but the box has obviously been whacked about a bit.

With regards to the BOOB post about the battery.  Is that the only situation that blows the fuse?  Has anyone reported following BOOB and still having the battery issue?  Just curious, as I'm figuring it's worth making a label for the charger to remind about BOOB.

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 05:50:45 AM »
I ordered my RR6 plus on Monday (25th) and got it today (28th), but I'm also on the west coast USA.

Rad should really talk with FedEx to explain to them what "This Side Up" means.  I suppose they are getting a good rate so they don't want to rock the boat though.  Hopefully mine is ok, but the box has obviously been whacked about a bit.

With regards to the BOOB post about the battery.  Is that the only situation that blows the fuse?  Has anyone reported following BOOB and still having the battery issue?  Just curious, as I'm figuring it's worth making a label for the charger to remind about BOOB.

People also are accidentally sticking their key in the wrong hole, and that's blowing fuses. That this happens is mind blowing, and every time someone reports this issue i think of that old Eddie Murphy skit where he says "That's not iittttttttttt...."

VegasSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 08:12:38 AM »
Ah, ok, now I do remember posts about people doing that with keys.  Nice to have people share experiences so the rest of us can try to avoid the issues.  Thanks.

rmm200

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 09:52:46 PM »

I ordered my RR6 Plus on July 24. Label was printed on July 25. FedEx still says Pending, and that they have not received the bike.
Rad says the bike is on a FedEx truck waiting to be scanned. In this case, I actually believe FedEx.
Today is 3 August. I asked Rad to escalate my support ticket to someone that could locate my bike. In response they closed my ticket.
I hope the bike shows up - eventually...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 09:55:04 PM by rmm200 »

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »

I ordered my RR6 Plus on July 24. Label was printed on July 25. FedEx still says Pending, and that they have not received the bike.
Rad says the bike is on a FedEx truck waiting to be scanned. In this case, I actually believe FedEx.
Today is 3 August. I asked Rad to escalate my support ticket to someone that could locate my bike. In response they closed my ticket.
I hope the bike shows up - eventually...

today is the 9th business day after you ordered. I'd hardly sweat that. The date the label was printing isn't terribly relevant, other than knowing it was printed.

Based on my experience with shipping companies, I'd be believing Rad in this case. Shipping companies notoriously miss scanning things both in, and out.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »