News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrover 6+ battery won?t charge

Started by Adams, July 14, 2022, 05:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Radgrampa

Well it appears I am in the same situation as many with a new RadRover 6 + and a dead integrated battery after one ride and then winter storage in MN. Did you all have to send in a video of the charging procedure to support before they would contact you. I have waited for two days without any response from Rad regarding my battery issue. Not wanting to hack the battery until I have a replacement from them considering the battery cost for replacement.
Thank you all your experience with this is very helpful

JimInPT

This post from earlier today (reply #13) might be of some assistance; apparently the Seattle Rad service people acknowledged a bad batch of batteries was installed into these bikes:

https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,9409.msg22772.html#msg22772

I assume yours is still under warranty and hope you can get a replacement quickly and smoothly.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Adams

Quote from: Radgrampa on June 23, 2023, 12:04:02 PM
Well it appears I am in the same situation as many with a new RadRover 6 + and a dead integrated battery after one ride and then winter storage in MN. Did you all have to send in a video of the charging procedure to support before they would contact you. I have waited for two days without any response from Rad regarding my battery issue. Not wanting to hack the battery until I have a replacement from them considering the battery cost for replacement.
Thank you all your experience with this is very helpful

Hello to a fellow Minnesotan!

Rad did make me send a video of charging procedure, and photos of serial #, keys, and charging port on battery before honoring the warranty claim. 

Radgrampa

Gentleman thank you for the assistance, I figured this wouldn't be an easy fix and yes I am still within my warranty. As with everyone else it's just a very bad impression on what I think is a pretty good product that so many are going through this battery flaw issue. Would I recommend this product to my friends, that remains to be seen. The couple that told me about Rad bikes had the same issue with one of their new RadRover 6+ models and ended up getting a new battery. As with others living in the northern part of the country our biking season is short enough  without this type of issue.
Thank you

thirdlife1

Quote from: Radgrampa on June 23, 2023, 01:17:11 PM
Gentleman thank you for the assistance, I figured this wouldn't be an easy fix and yes I am still within my warranty. As with everyone else it's just a very bad impression on what I think is a pretty good product that so many are going through this battery flaw issue. Would I recommend this product to my friends, that remains to be seen. The couple that told me about Rad bikes had the same issue with one of their new RadRover 6+ models and ended up getting a new battery. As with others living in the northern part of the country our biking season is short enough  without this type of issue.
Thank you

Hopefully you get a replacement. 
As someone else from MN, remember to bring your lithium batteries indoors for the winter.  It'll help prolong their life.  Not just for your bike, but power tools too!