Author Topic: Rockbros handlebar bag on redmini  (Read 6436 times)

pplupo

• View Profile
Rockbros handlebar bag on redmini
« on: May 23, 2020, 08:01:29 PM »
Hi! This is my first post here, forgive me if I made it in the wrong category.
I've just bought my radmini 4 and I'm looking for something where I can place my phone and a few other small things while I'm riding. I like to have the phone where I can see it so I can use it for navigation.

So I found this, which seems perfect: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07B9QCD6F/

Except that the radmini doesn't really have a long stem and the display/controller sits right there in the middle. So my concern is that I won't be able to place this in the handle appropriately and it will slide downwards with the weight of the bag contents.

Does anyone have this on a similar handle or have a suggestion for a similar bag that supports seeing the phone? It doesn't have to allow using the phone as I will always stop if I need to use it, so I can take it out of the bag if needed, but I'd like to be able to see it.

Thank you all, in advance.

fin_rad

• View Profile
Re: Rockbros handlebar bag on redmini
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:28:31 AM »
There are so called bar extenters on Amazon, eBay etc.

I'm planning to buy one for my RadRhino.

Kevin Turtle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 12:46:39 AM »
I put one of these on my rad runner, gives an "extra bar" to mount things on https://amzn.to/3IzED2Z
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 07:20:47 PM by Ryan »

pplupo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 06:57:09 AM »
Thank you. I was hoping to attach just this bag, I'd like to avoid cluttering.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 07:20:29 AM »
Here is another option to consider. The Rock Bros top tube bag: https://amzn.to/3bZK3mg

We just bought this for around $22 and it is great on our RadWagon. Waterproof for when it rains and the touchscreen still works on your phone. Plus you can definitely put a few items in it as well. It actually holds more than I thought it would. The only consideration is you have to look further down for navigation. So perhaps a cell phone mount on the handlebars and then this bag would suit your purposes. I haven't shared the bag on YouTube yet but if you want a few pictures let me know! Otherwise the the bar extenders are a good option though I haven't tried them myself.

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 11:15:18 AM »
Ordered similar extension bar from Wish (like Alibaba etc) but who knows when it will arrive... So while having a rainy day I just did a quick DIY extension bar from what I got in garage.. :)

Mainly for my budget action camera, have not tested how well the bar works yet though.

jshill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »
An option that I am trying is the Roswheel Essentials Series Bike Handlebar Bag (Amazon: https://amzn.to/3cQHvaG), which puts the phone up high enough to see easily. The Rockbros bag will require a sharp look DOWN, something I don't want to do. However, I am also thinking about switching to the Surly Moloko bar system, which will change everything.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 06:33:42 AM by Ryan »

patrickwise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »
A nice alternative is the Oranlife bike handlebar bag. I like to use my phone as a GPS device when cycling. It works great when it starts to rain. It protects my phone from the elements and keeps it dry. The storage space is adequate, and I am satisfied with my phone holder in general.

Loulou718

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 02:34:50 AM »
I have a RockBros top tube bag on my radmini, it fits perfect on the top tube.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 02:34:50 AM »