Author Topic: Just ordered a RadRover 6 plus  (Read 2902 times)

AJZin1952

• View Profile
Just ordered a RadRover 6 plus
« on: July 06, 2022, 05:07:46 PM »
I finally broke down and bought a RadRover 6 plus.(High Step out of habit) It's not shipped yet. What do I need to know as a heads up? Also, what kind of accessories do you recommend? I have a number of gravel and road bikes, but for some reason I have not ridden for about two years. Are there any Rad owners near Denver? 

Flyingsquirl001

• View Profile
Re: Just ordered a RadRover 6 plus
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 09:16:21 AM »
Welcome to the club.  My wife and I both have the radrover 6+.  They are a lot of fun.  I bought a set of hex head tools and a pedal wrench.  The bike does ship with all the tools needed to assemble though. 

When I assembled the bike, I had rubbing on the front brake.  I contacted Rad and they approved 1 hour of labor at a local bike shop.  Turns out the rotor was slightly warped.

We got a kryptonite folding lock.  Kryptonite isn?t the highest rated but for $35 I purchased the protection plan through kryptonite and they insure my bike for $1700 if it gets stolen using their lock.

As for accessories, we are looking into mirrors and seat post suspensions.

I also recommend taking pictures of your frame serial number and battery serial number.

Enjoy

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 07:12:36 PM »
We got a kryptonite folding lock.  Kryptonite isn?t the highest rated but for $35 I purchased the protection plan through kryptonite and they insure my bike for $1700 if it gets stolen using their lock.

I also recommend taking pictures of your frame serial number and battery serial number.

You might also register your bike at bikeindex.org - it's free and better than not doing it.  You can include photos, detailed parts/accessory info and serial numbers for anything that has one.

As for the Kryptonite "warranty", regardless of the quality of the lock, you might want to do a bit of searching on that topic - it seems as much effort went into designing fine-print ways to not pay out on warranty claims as on the locks.  I didn't do exhaustive research (ended up buying ABUS) but I don't think I found a single person who posted that they received payment on a Kryptonite warranty claim.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 10:51:14 AM »
things you'll want:

lift sideview mirror, mounted on the handlebar end. i went with this: https://amzn.to/3OWy79n

a better seat. one billion options out there.

a phone mount. I went with this: https://amzn.to/3IBBZdK

better grippier pedals. i went with these: https://amzn.to/3nV0B7J

A horn if you're doing road cycling. i went with this: https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/juiced-bikes-horn

some good locks. i went with this cable and this lock: https://amzn.to/3yXlK7s

https://amzn.to/3PnQjsh

a better light for night or late evening/early morning riding. I'm waiting until the end of summer to get one.

and about a dozen other things, like racks and bags and such; you're going to find that you LOVE spending money to customize your bike. lol
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 02:46:26 PM by Ryan »

nickrfco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 09:07:15 AM »
We just ordered ours yesterday. Did you know there is a pop-up on 55th avenue in Arvada. Nice folks, went last night and took a test ride, absolutely love this bike, so glad we choose it, can't wait to get ours.

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 07:07:17 PM »
We just ordered ours yesterday. Did you know there is a pop-up on 55th avenue in Arvada. Nice folks, went last night and took a test ride, absolutely love this bike, so glad we choose it, can't wait to get ours.

What is the shipment cost?
Mine was shipped free from Rad, A Radrover 5 in 2021

AJZin1952

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 08:20:30 AM »
Nice

Rover80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 08:48:24 AM »
Got my RR6+ last week and unfortunately, it is still sitting in the garage as I await a Bleed kit to fix my front brake system, which was my own undoing, in trying to adjust the lever movement. Backed out the barrel nut too far and let air into the reservoir, which brings me to this question. Does anyone have any reference info to the specific part number for the NUTT front brake assembly which would include the caliper, brake line and lever? And if so, where to source it. I don't know at this point if Rad even stocks it.

I have tried numerous times this past week to call Rad service only to listen to "We appreciate your patience...an agent will be with you shortly". 20 minutes oh hold is my limit. I fear with recent layoff's that Rad service was also affected.

To add to the OP question, this is what I have added for accessories, so far.

1. RAD Rear Rack
2. Cell phone holder
3. Thumb throttle
4.Handlebar extender
5. Cloud9 seat
6. Flat Out Tube Sealer
7.Acctron bottle holder
8.Hafhy bar end mirrors
9. Bell MIPS helmet
10. Spare tube in case the sealant doesn't work

After next months SS check:

1. Juiced bikes horn with alarm
2. Kryptonite Chain lock
3. Rockbros bag for the rear rack
4. Portable air compressor
5. Tube repair kit

Haven't had so much fun spending money in years!

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 03:11:13 PM »
you're gonna LOVE that juiced bike horn/alarm.

NorthRiver5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 01:55:49 PM »
Really happy to be  joining the Rad Community.  I ordered a couple of RadRover 6+ for my wife and I and can't wait for them to arrive!  We live in New England, but were actually exposed to the RadMission bikes during an ebike tour in Athens Greece.  We were so impressed with those that I researched the hell out of them and decided to pull the trigger on purchasing the RR6+.  Can anyone recommend a good car rack for these beasts, or is the Hollywood the only way to go?  Thanks in advance!

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2022, 01:55:49 PM »