Author Topic: Hit and almost run  (Read 2214 times)

Muskie1

• View Profile
Hit and almost run
« on: July 03, 2022, 11:34:11 AM »
https://images.app.goo.gl/QEBG6mK81qJrYxrP9
 So I decided to take the bike to go see fireworks  at Greenfield village. I am going with the flow of traffic,  a lady with a stroller needs to cross, the officer had traffic stopped in the other direction.
 The man behind me is now blowing his horn at me, I wave , only one second. Not good enough,  he decided hitting a bike gently was a good idea, not good.
 I am old, fat, and ugly.I decided it's go time.  He a third of my age, the officer heard everything. 
 Short story long, no damages,  the fuse in this world gets shorter every day. Be safe, love what you see, forgive what you hate.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 11:42:10 AM by Muskie1 »

jastewart325

• View Profile
Re: Hit and almost run
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 02:16:14 PM »
Thanks for the post, Muskie1! Indulging my vindictive side: did the perp get ticketed?

handlebar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 07:30:37 PM »
Wear a vest like the cop's. Works for me!

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2022, 08:05:14 AM »
An obvious rear camera cuts down on incidents like this, makes people be polite even when it's not in their nature. An Apeman SEEKER R1 not only records, but has automatic lights and calls attention to itself. I use an action camera on my rear rack, but use it to record some rides and not for protection. However I've noticed that cars are a bit nicer when they are being recorded, lol.

It's sad that people grow more short tempered and self-centered these days. Impatience with others is often a result of the person thinking what they want to do is more important than other people. I'm glad that good and friendly people still exist, and Saturday it was refreshing to come across several of them. I came across some people sitting on a bench near a bridge, and they were so friendly that I parked my bike and we talked for half an hour. One was a sweet elderly lady, and she insisted on a hug when I left. So there are some decent people left, and I just wish they were more common.

By the way, age is relative, and I don't think you're ugly OR fat!

Tree

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2022, 09:38:44 AM »
what was the end result? Any repercussions for the ass hat?

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 06:40:22 PM »
Altema, I am both, and I shall brook no disagreement.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 06:34:26 PM »
what was the end result? Any repercussions for the ass hat?
No repercussions,  could have been, my choice.
 He said his foot slipped,  right.  I shook his hand and told him flip flops are not good driving shoes,  I got the stare.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 06:34:26 PM »