News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Runner seat adjustment?

Started by Firemarshal Bill, June 25, 2022, 10:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Firemarshal Bill

We've had our Rad Runner Plus ebikes for almost a month and we still try to get out for a short run almost every day.  Problem is when ever I hit even a small bump, the seat drops 1/2 to 3/4 inch.  I'm having to stop 2 or 3 times every ride to readjust my seat height.  The seat post lock is as tight as I can get it and still be able to close it. I've got a continuous bruise on my palm from closing the seat post lock! I am a little over 200 lbs.  Any suggestions (besides loosing 25 pounds) for keeping my seat at the height I need?  Thanks.

brentc133

I weigh 180 lbs and had that issue until I really tightened the quick release. Had to tap it closed with a rubber mallet. An option might be to replace the quick release with a bolt, washers and nut. I never had an issue with any of my my previous mountain bike seat posts slipping.

Firemarshal Bill

I was a bit disappointed with the Rad hot line today when the only advice they could give me was to buy new quick release clamps on my dime.  We bought the bikes brand new less than 3 weeks ago they didn't even offer to spring for a couple of new clamps :-(

Radio Runner

Replace the seat clamp with a non quick release version. Get one with a pinch bolt. That will keep the post from moving.

JimInPT

Quote from: Firemarshal Bill on June 30, 2022, 08:16:26 PMWe bought the bikes brand new less than 3 weeks ago they didn't even offer to spring for a couple of new clamps :-(

That is very lame, bordering on rude for such a new bike.  Something's changing at Rad after they brought new money and oversight onboard - this is totally opposite to the service I got from them about a year ago.  I had a couple questions, then a very minor squeak repair I couldn't track down (the guy who answered the phone walked me through diagnosis and fix on that call, out in my garage; impressive) and then a request to add a couple more little things to a just-entered website spare-part order.  She not only did that, but gave me a $50 discount on that $120 order for no reason and without my even thinking of asking since they'd done nothing wrong.

Seems those days are dead and gone in Rad CS.  You might try calling again to see if you get a friendlier CSR who will actually honor warranty issues.

And I agree with Radio Runner - get a non-quick-release standard bolt clamp to hold the seat firmly in place and also deter theft - unless you regularly need to adjust seat height, it's a simple fix and cheap to do.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.