Author Topic: schwalbe marathon mondial EVO 50-584 650B 27.5 x 2 inch on rear end. RC5+hs  (Read 1456 times)

david.platt@mac.com

• View Profile
The first thing I noticed after switching out from the stock VEE tire that came with the RC5+ was increased comfort and stability.

Onto gravel or back onto pavement making a transition seems much more secure with no wobble  or floating at the side of the road. And that is with just the rear switched out.

Also I am wanting to do a little hard packed dirt roads as not all of my best routes are on only pavement. Yay now I am not as afraid of dirt roads.

The Evos are the foldable ones and they were extremely easy to install.

These tires have the exact same tread as the MARATHON E-PLUS.(e-50)
Using the exact same watts 27.5 at 60 psi and 24.5 watts at 70 psi.

They are a little lighter so only e-25 rated and not e-50 as the heavier and newer E-PLUS.
Tires are getting hard to get right now because of supply chain issues.

PS, the ENERGIZER PLUS also looks interesting too, they are a little lighter again and have even better rolling results. 47-584 (27.5x1.75)

And the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus HS439 27.5 inch are the ultimate OEM replacement tire.
To save money look no further

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/schwalbe-big-ben-plus-hs439-27.5-tyre/137411681/p?_gl=1*1r3uryv*_up*MQ..&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr8XE-rrW-AIV5vTjBx07yQihEAQYAyABEgI7VfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I found this article about the mondials
https://www.sevendaycyclist.com/schwalbe-marathon-mondial-tyres

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 08:09:23 PM by david.platt@mac.com »

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
The first thing I noticed after switching out from the stock VEE tire that came with the RC5+ was the increased comfort and stability I noticed.

Onto gravel or back onto pavement making a transition seems much more secure with no wobble  or floating at the side of the road. And that is with just the rear switched out.

Also I am wanting to do a little hard packed dirt roads as not all of my best routes are on only pavement. Yay now I am not afraid, as much of dirt roads.

These are the foldable ones and they were extremely easy to instal.

These tires have the exact same tread as the MARATHON E-PLUS.(e-50)
Using the exact same watts 27.5 at 60 psi and 24.5 watts at 70 psi.

They are a little lighter so only e-25 rated and not e-50 as the heavier and newer E-PLUS.
Tires are getting hard to get right now because of supply chain issues.

PS, the ENERGIZER PLUS also looks interesting too, they are a little lighter again and have even better rolling results.

And the Schwalbe Big Ben Plus HS439 27.5 inch are the ultimate OEM replacement tire.
To save money look no further

https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/schwalbe-big-ben-plus-hs439-27.5-tyre/137411681/p?_gl=1*1r3uryv*_up*MQ..&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIr8XE-rrW-AIV5vTjBx07yQihEAQYAyABEgI7VfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I went with this one: Fincci Pair 27.5 x 2.35 Foldable Mountain Bike Tire 60-584 60 TPI with Nylon Protection for Mountain Enduro MTB Hybrid Bicycle - Pack of 2 27.5x2.35 Inch Tires. Strange I literally just post this on another thread here is what I said "The tires that come on that came on these are not great, heavy and are terrible on shell, gravel or grass all of which you will be riding on (intentional or not). This was a MAJOR improvement. You have to modify the front fender by cutting the bar any buying about a foot of aquarium tube. Mount 6 inches on each fender (where the bar used to be) and shove the cut off ends in, works perfect and is adjustable".

david.platt@mac.com

• View Profile
Right sorry I was thinking that yours fit within the fenders an not remembering that was  you who modified it for 2.35 inch. Do you have better pictures

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum