News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

What mirrors are you rocking on your rad?

Started by 1Eye, May 22, 2020, 03:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

Got the mirror. I tried mounting it so it was under the handlebars but just didn't seem to be a good view. Switched it to normal and while there is a bit of your arm in the way it's not that difficult to just bring your arm in a bit.

Haven't been on a long ride yet so will have to update later. The biggest issue with things like this is that you have very limited usable handlebar space due to the sloping of the bars. I might have to swap it with the controller buttons to get it closer to the grip moving it out.

Ty

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on June 27, 2020, 06:01:10 AM
Got the mirror. I tried mounting it so it was under the handlebars but just didn't seem to be a good view. Switched it to normal and while there is a bit of your arm in the way it's not that difficult to just bring your arm in a bit.

Haven't been on a long ride yet so will have to update later. The biggest issue with things like this is that you have very limited usable handlebar space due to the sloping of the bars. I might have to swap it with the controller buttons to get it closer to the grip moving it out.

Ty

That's exactly what I did on my latest ebike to get the mirrors as far wide as possible. Same experience initially.

1Eye

The issue I ran into is that I have the Gub pro 3 phone mount and if I swap the mirror and controller than we'll have issues getting under the phone and holder to hit the buttons on the fly.

Ty

Ryan

For those interested, I just completed my video on the Hafny mirrors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxQ64eTyOQ

It is crazy how many different styles they offer. After a few weeks of cruising around with all of these mirrors I'm partial to the handlebar mounted ones - clear glass as opposed to the blue. While they take up precious space for other accessories, they look a lot nicer. My wife still prefers the bar end mirros so we'll leave those on the RadWagon.

1Eye

Saw the video Ryan. Nice job!

I got the blue tinted ones. It's on my wife's bike and we haven't ridden much. Waiting on mine to be delivered but she did mentions that she didn't really like the blue tint.