News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrunner rake / trail / fork dimensions?

Started by ride2live, June 23, 2022, 07:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

ride2live

Hi all,

I'm curious about the radrunner but don't have a Rad store near me to look at one in person. I've had a lot of bikes over the years and am a little nerdy about bike geometry and handling.

Can anyone measure the fork rake (offset) on their Radrunner and share the information here? I'd really appreciate it!

Also interested in hearing your opinions about how it handles.

For reference about fork offset / rake, see below -
http://yojimg.net/bike/web_tools/trailcalc.php

handlebar

The forks appeared to line up with the steering axis, so I would have said 2 cm.

My laser says they don't quite line up. It looks like 3 cm.

I once had an Earles fork where that was adjustable. On motorcycles, we called it trail.

ride2live

Thanks, Handlebar! Really appreciate the response.

3cm sounds possible for sure. Is yours the original radrunner with 71* head angle or new "Radrunner 2" with 68* head tube? Wondering if it's the same fork on both...

Quote from: handlebar on July 05, 2022, 07:28:44 AM
The forks appeared to line up with the steering axis, so I would have said 2 cm.

My laser says they don't quite line up. It looks like 3 cm.

I once had an Earles fork where that was adjustable. On motorcycles, we called it trail.

handlebar

Quote from: ride2live on July 05, 2022, 10:37:57 AM
Thanks, Handlebar! Really appreciate the response.

3cm sounds possible for sure. Is yours the original radrunner with 71* head angle or new "Radrunner 2" with 68* head tube? Wondering if it's the same fork on both...

Mine's the original. Measuring on a photo, the Radrunner 2 looks about the same.