Author Topic: Radrunner or Radrunner Plus  (Read 3227 times)

Mctoone

• View Profile
Radrunner or Radrunner Plus
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:10:25 AM »
Hey  guys.    I just  sold my Rad Mini as I want a Radrunner and at the time of me purchasing, the Radrunner was backordered.  So now I am in the market for one.   I like the Radrunner but wonder if the Plus would be better for the gears.    I hear that with only one gear  one can get to peddling too fast at times.  And it would be nice to have gears going downhill so one can keep peddling at  a stiffer gear.  Any thoughts?

JimInPT

• View Profile
Re: Radrunner or Radrunner Plus
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 10:53:59 AM »
Since you just sold a Mini, which has 7-speed gearing and is very close to the Runner's frame size and design - don't you already know the feel of a geared bike for your needs?  If you found yourself shifting your Mini frequently, then you probably already realize you need more than one gear for the riding you do in your area.

And downhill at around 25 mph or so, I'm peddling my Mini like crazy in 7th gear - that would be pointless with a single-speed bike.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Radio Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 02:48:13 PM »
What will Runner do that the Mini won’t? Besides a passenger.

Water Doc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »
The Runner plus is a big improvement over the Runner 2 - Three items on the plus make it a better buy -  1)Compression fork,  2) seven speed shifter and the 3) speedometer.   We also have Mini 4 and a Mini ST, my wife rides the Mini ST and I ride the Runner Plus on a our daily rides (15-20 miles).  Both Minis go on our RV trips.   The Runner plus is a softer ride then the Mini4 but seems to lack the sporty feel and some of the uphill torque.  I have ridden the Mini 4 1200 mile since Oct 2021 and the Runner Plus 600 miles since Jan 4 2022.  One thing for certain, at my age (77) step through models are much better.
Dennis
RadMini4 and RR+

Brirandle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 01:43:00 PM »
Hey all,

Proud new owner of a Rad Runner Plus. This is my first e bike and I love minus the seat lol. I agree with the other poster about the gears on the plus. I was going down a hill on the plus 20+ mph and was peddling like mad, couldn?t imagine having the Rad Runner 2 with single gear doing that. Just my opinion :)

miguelroman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 08:34:35 AM »
I just ordered the Radrunner Plus.  I am wondering if the extra cushion seat sold on the radrunner website is worth the difference?  Or should I try to find something else with more cushion for my tushion? :D

tacomanatx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 06:03:38 AM »
The Runner plus is a big improvement over the Runner 2 - Three items on the plus make it a better buy -  1)Compression fork,  2) seven speed shifter and the 3) speedometer.

This is just me but I went for simplicity- I chose the Runner 2 for those exact reasons- No maintenance on a rigid fork, I use the Pedal Assist to accomplish same thing and no real need for speedometer.  I have said before the front chain ring is likely too large and will swap it.

joeliniowa

• On a RAD since 2020
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 04:04:39 PM »
It is entirely numbers (and paint color).  Add up the cost of those accessories (not including their 3 "to go kits") and the Plus is a deal!  If you're a purist and really have no NEED for any of those things.  Add them later, save $400 ... I've already added an additional $400 to mine... LOL   

I had my RW4 stolen in 4/2022.  It was gangally, hard to balance for me.  This thing in the "utility" classification, has better balance, fat tires, front suspension, (I'm adding the better seat & seat post)

I find it interesting the only place for the tire PSI is on the tires.  NOT MENTIONED in the manuals.  30 PSI BTW.  It is ~8" shorter than the RW4.  More of a Colorado, than a Silverado!

I have some other ideas to discuss.  Those are my suggestions.  OH BTW, I'm in Iowa, USA.  I ordered it on Thursday evening...I had it Tuesday Noon!  Supply isn't an issue (this week)   Good Luck!
JLH
Sorry I haven't used ICQ, AIM, MSN, YIM for over 15 years.  Neither should you.  Search my name on FB, YT, TW, & those others.  I've been online since 1992. Most of that time as a Systems & Network Engineer.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 04:04:39 PM »