News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

1UP hitch carrier

Started by bestrauss, March 09, 2020, 10:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

bestrauss

Has anyone tried the 1UP hitch carrier?  Can it  be used with the fenders on the Radrover?

jshill

I like the looks of the thing, but it is NOT intended for fat tire bikes. The Rad Rover's tires along would be problematic.

RadJohn

1UP now makes a a rack for wider (up to 4.5") fat bike tires, the Equip-D model.

I have an older model which required the use of spacers on the wheel clamp arms to accommodate fat tires but I haul a 4"+ tired Salsa Mukluk around and it's rock solid, even off-road with a 1 1/4 inch receiver mount. The way a 1UP kicks up, rather than sticking straight back means it doesn't reduce departure angle and drag in the rough stuff as much as most other brands.

I look forward putting my Rad on it, but the bike has to ship before that can happen.

Edited to correct information I posted earlier based on my my older model IUP, the new Equip-D models are different, and look to be Rad compatible without mods or fat tire spacers

Ryan

Good to have some other options out there but ouch - $729  :-\

I also don't see anything on weight capacity and it's also a bit concerning they offer it in a 1.25". Most other ebike racks recommend 2" only.