News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Took the plunge

Started by 1Eye, May 18, 2020, 06:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

Ordered two rad rover step-thru, one for me and one for the wife. Oddly enough hers is scheduled to come before mine. She got the white and I got the black. Hers is scheduled to come in June and mine in July.

If you're thinking of ordering and you qualify as one of the hero category then you get $200 off PER bike so I got $400 off!!

On a side note, I have an old tray style rack with bike wheel attachments but not sure if it will work for these. I've been looking at other bike racks and really need something that's low or has ramp as I'm concerned that my wife will have trouble loading if I'm not around. Any one with a good option?

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on May 18, 2020, 06:32:15 PM
Ordered two rad rover step-thru, one for me and one for the wife. Oddly enough hers is scheduled to come before mine. She got the white and I got the black. Hers is scheduled to come in June and mine in July.

If you're thinking of ordering and you qualify as one of the hero category then you get $200 off PER bike so I got $400 off!!

On a side note, I have an old tray style rack with bike wheel attachments but not sure if it will work for these. I've been looking at other bike racks and really need something that's low or has ramp as I'm concerned that my wife will have trouble loading if I'm not around. Any one with a good option?

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club officially. The $200 off is truly a great deal - thanks for serving your community in whatever capacity that is. I think it's a pretty cool program Rad offers.

Regarding a bike rack your old tray style rack will almost certainly not be able to handle the weight of an ebike. I have a couple of rack options on my accessories page here: https://ebikeescape.com/electric-bike-accessories/

I have a Hollywood rack sitting in the box which will be a video that will go up in the next month on my YouTube channel. I'm waiting for my second ebike to show how the rack works with two bikes. I have also seen folks modify motorcycle trailers to fit their ebikes since they often come with some sort of ramp. Here is an example from Harbor Freight: https://www.harborfreight.com/400-lb-receiver-mount-motorcycle-carrier-62837.html

I'm sure others that have more experience will have some thoughts but this is a start.

FormerBiker

Well, I'm an AF vet and I didn't notice the discount until after we placed the order.  Oh well.

Ryan

Quote from: FormerBiker on May 23, 2020, 07:54:12 AM
Well, I'm an AF vet and I didn't notice the discount until after we placed the order.  Oh well.

Not sure if it can be applied retroactively but it's worth asking!

1Eye

Or at least store credit to help get some accessories? I agree with Ryan, It's worth a shot.

FormerBiker

Well, my wife called Rad to ask about the shipping status.  They said my bike should ship next week but they cannot promise that.  At least we know where we are in the queue.

Aside from that she asked about the vet discount and the 2 bike discount.  They said that since my bike hasn't shipped yet, they will process the discounts.  Yesterday we got an email that we are getting $400 credit on our card.

Thanks Ryan for the suggestion and thanks Rad for following through.

Now if my bike could get here... ;D

Ryan

Quote from: FormerBiker on May 30, 2020, 07:00:17 AM
Well, my wife called Rad to ask about the shipping status.  They said my bike should ship next week but they cannot promise that.  At least we know where we are in the queue.

Aside from that she asked about the vet discount and the 2 bike discount.  They said that since my bike hasn't shipped yet, they will process the discounts.  Yesterday we got an email that we are getting $400 credit on our card.

Thanks Ryan for the suggestion and thanks Rad for following through.

Now if my bike could get here... ;D

That's great to hear. Glad Rad continues to take care of their customers.

Allylou

I ordered the white step through yesterday and can hardly wait!  I know we will be ordering another once the hubs gets his mitts on it!  The military discount was such a nice perk.....thanks to Rad!

Ryan

Quote from: Allylou on June 01, 2020, 01:17:09 PM
I ordered the white step through yesterday and can hardly wait!  I know we will be ordering another once the hubs gets his mitts on it!  The military discount was such a nice perk.....thanks to Rad!

Awesome! Welcome to the forum and congrats  8)

1Eye

That really is great to hear former biker and Allylou.

Formerbiker, mind if I ask what you ordered and when you ordered?

Might give me a clue about mine.

FormerBiker

We ordered the rover and the rover step thru in april.  The step thru arrived in about a week.  I'm still waiting for my rover.  Now with the crap going on in Seattle who knows when it will ship now.
Saw a FedEx truck attacked on the news yesterday. :-\

Jimcap

I ordered my Radrover 5 in Mid April, Got my shipping e-mail today!!!! Just a little more time to wait.

FormerBiker

Just got the tracking number today also.  It should take about a week. ;D

1Eye

That's awesome news!! Congratulations!

RMM

Quote from: 1Eye on June 04, 2020, 09:58:05 AM
That's awesome news!! Congratulations!

Nice, I ordered 5/12 and still waiting for a shipping notification!