News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

DIY pillion seat

Started by Carsten, May 18, 2020, 01:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Carsten

My collector's soul did not allow me to throw away the packaging material of my RadWagon. Couldn't that thick foam piece build a nice back seat? It was cut to a width of 20 cm. I got 10 mm plywood and sawed it to the size of the cushion. Two small oval pieces of plywood and two rectangular ones were a job for my fretsaw. Some drops of wood glue fixed the oval cones. 5 mm drill, M5 stainless steel lock screws, wing nuts, and washers were used to make seat mounts. Finally, motorcycle seat cover pu leather was stapled onto the plywood. And my pillion passenger wife likes it, too!

Gesendet von meinem BV9500 mit Tapatalk

fin_rad

"Because I can". :) One thing what I like most is this kind of DIY custom made stuff. And use of what we have at the moment. Thanks for sharing!

Carsten

Quote from: fin_rad on May 18, 2020, 02:08:03 AM
"Because I can". :)
Yes. And "Because I have to stay at home". Our plan was to travel Spain in May 2020. And then the corona virus came around the corner. :(
Quote from: fin_rad on May 18, 2020, 02:08:03 AM
Thanks for sharing!
It was my pleasure!

Ryan

Wow, that looks really nice. Thanks for sharing the steps so others can replicate.