News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RAD mini Fork seal leak

Started by SemperVee, June 08, 2022, 07:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

SemperVee

Both our 2021 Mini's still under warranty have leaky fork seals with less than 500 miles on them.  I am MC rider familiar with dealing with leaky seals  and wondered if anyone else has dealt with this yet?

Si1Dia

Rad's forks are made with springs and there is no fluid in them. If they are leaking you may have gotten water in them or over-lubricated them. Just wipe them down and you should be all good.

SemperVee

Quote from: Si1Dia on June 08, 2022, 08:13:03 AM
Rad's forks are made with springs and there is no fluid in them. If they are leaking you may have gotten water in them or over-lubricated them. Just wipe them down and you should be all good.

Forks with springs from my experience in MC's sit in a bath of fork oil.  What makes you sure of your answer?   Unless the seals are lubricated themselves only, which I suppose could be a possibility.   I have wiped them both down.  The oil on the forks comes back from compression of use.

JimInPT

Quote from: Si1Dia on June 08, 2022, 08:13:03 AM

SemperVee, I agree - there is no oil in factory Rad forks, just springs.  If they're leaking water, it might be a good idea to find a way to let the rest out and dry the mechanism before possible oxidation.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

SemperVee

OK, Thanks for the info Gents.  Glad i asked before I tore into looking at disassemply.  That means the seals themselves are "lifetime" lubricated.