News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

2018 RadCity Comuter Bike

Started by Waterville Bob, May 16, 2020, 10:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Waterville Bob

I have been riding my RadCity Commuter bike since mid-January and I have to say it's the best! I tried contacting Seattle for a few items and got the blow-off. Questions:

1. What touchup paint would closely match the dark gray RadCity Commuter bike 2018 paint color? Maybe a Ford fusion touch up paint? I have managed a few "dings" and living on a barrier island in Fl the rust gets worse overnight. Suggestions?

2. There were 3/4 inch rubber caps on the rear axel nuts I'd like to replace with ? Again, the rust issue.

3. The front cables are a mess. I wanted to get the velcro covers that are on some of the newer RadCity bikes and was told," we do not sell". Zip ties are fine as a temporary "fix" but I was looking for something to clean easier than a gaggle of cables all the time.

I picked this baby up with a mere 40 miles on it for $800.00. I think it was a deal especially since AC-1(After Covid Round One). This has to be the sweetest bike I have owned in over 50 years! Any help with the above would be really appreciated!

Ryan

Quote from: Waterville Bob on May 16, 2020, 10:46:17 AM
I have been riding my RadCity Commuter bike since mid-January and I have to say it's the best! I tried contacting Seattle for a few items and got the blow-off. Questions:

1. What touchup paint would closely match the dark gray RadCity Commuter bike 2018 paint color? Maybe a Ford fusion touch up paint? I have managed a few "dings" and living on a barrier island in Fl the rust gets worse overnight. Suggestions?

2. There were 3/4 inch rubber caps on the rear axel nuts I'd like to replace with ? Again, the rust issue.

3. The front cables are a mess. I wanted to get the velcro covers that are on some of the newer RadCity bikes and was told," we do not sell". Zip ties are fine as a temporary "fix" but I was looking for something to clean easier than a gaggle of cables all the time.

I picked this baby up with a mere 40 miles on it for $800.00. I think it was a deal especially since AC-1(After Covid Round One). This has to be the sweetest bike I have owned in over 50 years! Any help with the above would be really appreciated!

Did you ask Rad for the color code for the paint? I know some people have used nail polish for small touchup.

My end caps fell off some time ago and I haven't bothered. I'd probably just buy a few vinyl end caps from the local hardware store and see what fits snug.

For the velcro are you looking for something like this for cable management? https://amzn.to/368dW2P
You could also look at some of the options here which would might look even cleaner: https://amzn.to/2ZaKzvd

$800 is a fantastic deal especially with only 40 miles on it. Welcome to the forum  8)

Waterville Bob

Many Thanks Ryan. We're still on lockdown with this C-19 but as soon as we're up and out I plan on the local Ford dealership as I have seen a few Fords with a very close color. They have small touchup paint pen/brushes. I really want to keep this bike in top condition as it is wayyyyy comfortable and a joy to ride.

TKS for the cable ideas. I just was not thinking outside the box.

I hear you on those rubber end caps. When I get the paint, I might just pull the nutz and paint them as well. I am way too fussy with my stuff but then again I still have a Peugeot 503 18 speed from 1977! RadCity was really not all that helpful but I understand they are in the business of selling $1,499 bikes and making $.

I'll send along pics when done.

Regards,Bob