Author Topic: Radrover fork suspension adjustment  (Read 5093 times)

cal

• View Profile
Radrover fork suspension adjustment
« on: May 14, 2020, 03:39:38 PM »
Hello all. I bought a 2019 radrover last christmas and love the bike. Unfortunately there are no instructions on how to adj the preload on the front forks. I watched the Rad video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGl3I0Ez974) and he did nothing except explain the concept. Nothing about how or when to adj. Just "adjust it to your preference" Lockout is pretty straight forward and easy to see how it works. On my bike the preload knob does nothing. I see/feel no change rotating end to end.

Anybody got this figured out. Tons of videos on how to adj a coil fork but they are on more expensive models. I put a tie strap on one leg and again no change in fork travel when I rotate the preload adj knob. 

fin_rad

• View Profile
Re: Radrover fork suspension adjustment
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 06:45:57 PM »
As far as I know you cannot do much anything else - it is a spring suspension by the RST after all. If you want more adjusting options you have to buy a higher end front fork.

cal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »
Thanks I got it. Kind of like the 80's when everyone selling stereos had an equalizer with frequency slider adjustments. On inexpensive units they really did little to the sound but made you feel like you were doing something.

I'm totally ok with the fork. Just thought it did more than it does. Everything about this bike is really just right for me. I don't need the higher end add ones like hydraulic brakes and fully adjustable forks. It's why the price was so right!

I've seen numerous videos that folks posted upgrading everything brakes, batteries, controllers etc. In some cases they were still less $ output than many of the more expensive brands.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 10:34:25 AM »