News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Anyone order lately? Facebook site is not instilling confidence.

Started by 1Eye, May 13, 2020, 06:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

I have been looking at these for a couple of months not sure about taking the plunge. I just decided to buy and wanted to ask some questions. Got on their FB page for the first time tonight and it doesn't look like their service department is bothering to answer questions which is not the best confidence builder for a potential new buyer especially when the hours of youtube videos I've watched say how fantastic their CS is.

Wondering if anyone has had issues ordering or getting orders lately? I realize we are in unprecedented time right now but CS can be done from home so it makes me wonder if Rad is the way to go.

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on May 13, 2020, 06:33:44 PM
I have been looking at these for a couple of months not sure about taking the plunge. I just decided to buy and wanted to ask some questions. Got on their FB page for the first time tonight and it doesn't look like their service department is bothering to answer questions which is not the best confidence builder for a potential new buyer especially when the hours of youtube videos I've watched say how fantastic their CS is.

Wondering if anyone has had issues ordering or getting orders lately? I realize we are in unprecedented time right now but CS can be done from home so it makes me wonder if Rad is the way to go.

No experience recently but from what I have been hearing across the board at all major brands is things are crazy right now. Basically unprecedented demand with many, if not all models sold out at many of them. Just keep in mind that complaints will be much more reported than folks getting their issues taken care of. I imagine it is also hard to hire in this environment. Not making excuses for them but they have built their brand on customer service so I expect they will continue to prioritize this once things calm down and they can adjust. Just my .02

Don Shanley

Shipping took a week by FedEx for the Radwagon and front rack to get to CT, arrived Monday. Looked like they might be out of some items. By contrast Amazon prime says March 30 for a bike helmet ordered on the 13th.

Its a beautiful bike. I loaded it to 310 pounds of the 350 lb gvw it took off smoothly on the motor and had no problem with the small incline on my street. The ride was stable and the brakes performed well. Excellent workmanship and real bargen.     

Ryan

Quote from: Don Shanley on May 13, 2020, 08:26:51 PM
Shipping took a week by FedEx for the Radwagon and front rack to get to CT, arrived Monday. Looked like they might be out of some items. By contrast Amazon prime says March 30 for a bike helmet ordered on the 13th.

Its a beautiful bike. I loaded it to 310 pounds of the 350 lb gvw it took off smoothly on the motor and had no problem with the small incline on my street. The ride was stable and the brakes performed well. Excellent workmanship and real bargen.   

Thanks for sharing Don. The RadWagon is indeed awesome.

1Eye

Thanks, Don and Ryan for the replies.

It's hard to give them too much flak as you've said everyone is crazy. I was looking for an inferred thermometer for my grill on Amazon and it said they wouldn't arrive until July! lol.

Just worried about spending that much for two bike and accessories only to et them when the summers half over.

1eye

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on May 15, 2020, 03:27:13 PM
Thanks, Don and Ryan for the replies.

It's hard to give them too much flak as you've said everyone is crazy. I was looking for an inferred thermometer for my grill on Amazon and it said they wouldn't arrive until July! lol.

Just worried about spending that much for two bike and accessories only to et them when the summers half over.

1eye

Yeah that makes sense. I guess it depends how much you will use them too. I think some people find they use them much more than they thought and it's a great fun thing to do especially in these weird times. Keep in mind the bikes will last years to come. Our 2018 RadWagon is still going strong at over 3200 miles. I just bought our second ebike which is coming early June. Can't wait  8)

franklewtie

I ordered a Runner the first week of May and got it within a week. But it was in stock. I never had to talk to anybody or leave an email so I can't comment on response time for questions.

wkindred

1Eye -

no issues here. my radrunner which i backordered a month ago arrived before rad's expected delivery date. i've ordered 2 bikes and placed multiple accessory orders with no issues and no unexpected delays since april. buy with confidence!

- will

Koki

Howdy folks.  Newbie here.  I ordered a Radmission and a RadMini Step-Thru 2 for me and my wife.  I guess I'll get them in October. 
Can't wait.  Cheers.

Fflames

Hi,

Ordered my RAD mini ST on August 28th and got it today Sept.14. I live in Nevada.

Gene Pozniakoff

I've had a few interactions with Rad Service. E mail seems to be the best / quickest way to get a response. E mail, get the automated response, and then a service person will follow up. Good descriptions and photos of the issue really help! In both cases, my issue was resolved within a week or so. And then there is a follow up response from service to assess how things went.