News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

5'5" Rad Rover and Rad Rover stepthru

Started by 1Eye, May 13, 2020, 06:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

1Eye

I'm looking for bikes for my wife and I. We are both 5'5" and 50yrs old.

I am thinking of getting the rad rover for myself and the stepthru for my wife. I do not like the smaller tires on the mini and the weirdly high and long reach of the handle bars.

Any other shorties out there have the rovers?

Thanks,
1eye

Ryan

Quote from: 1Eye on May 13, 2020, 06:23:44 PM
I'm looking for bikes for my wife and I. We are both 5'5" and 50yrs old.

I am thinking of getting the rad rover for myself and the stepthru for my wife. I do not like the smaller tires on the mini and the weirdly high and long reach of the handle bars.

Any other shorties out there have the rovers?

Thanks,
1eye

My wife is 5'5" and she was fine with the size of the Rover Step-Thru with the seat lower (see attached picture). As long as you're somewhat nimble you should be ok though I would consider you both getting step-thrus if you think at all that the high step of the regular Rover might be a challenge. I quite like the step-thru frame with the battery placement and having a great spot for a water bottle cage. Here is my video review on the RadRover Step-thru if you were interested: https://youtu.be/hgXEue72kas

jshill

1Eye - I am 5'6", with short legs, and have owned both the Rad Rover and the Radmini now. I LOVED the Rover, and was able to ride successfully being VERY CAREFUL, but I always had the fear of being de-balled in a panic stop. As it happened, it was destroyed in a road accident, and I replaced it with the mini. I LOVE the mini, and have put 120 miles on it in 2 weeks. It is more nimble, and I am MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE being able to get both feet FLAT on the ground. If I was 6' tall, I would undoubtedly ride the Rover, but for my height, I am much happier with the Radmini4. I chose it over the Rover Step-thru due to the folding ability.

1Eye

Thanks, everyone for the information. I'm fairly nimble even at 50 but maybe I'll rethink the step-thru for myself as jshill says, nobody wants to be de-balled  ;D

1eye