Author Topic: RadPower Bike Replacement Key Blanks (2018-2021)  (Read 2873 times)

KevinH

• View Profile
RadPower Bike Replacement Key Blanks (2018-2021)
« on: May 26, 2022, 07:01:03 PM »
Bike Replacement keys!  If you've lost your keys, these will allow you to still remove your battery and lock it in place.  Note that No key cutting required.

Two Keys $10.00

Must be picked up, Live in the Lower Mainland of Vancouver

Radio Runner

• View Profile
Re: RadPower Bike Replacement Key Blanks (2018-2021)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2022, 11:46:26 PM »
This is great if you have 2 batteries with differing stock key. However really dumb for Rad to use such easily bypassed security.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 08:48:26 AM »
This is great if you have 2 batteries with differing stock key. However really dumb for Rad to use such easily bypassed security.

Yes, it is.  Extremely dumb.  Rad never seems to get keylocking right - as in this instance and the new bikes that can't even be completely turned off with the key, unless the battery is removed.

My solution to the problem is here:  https://www.radowners.com/index.php/topic,158.msg5317.html#msg5317
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 08:50:20 AM by JimInPT »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Mdem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2023, 07:19:54 PM »
I damaged my key to a rad runner plus 2022 and was informed that replacements are back ordered. So now i am down to one good key. Finally found a key blank that works at a locksmith. Is is a Honda motorcycle blank. Manufacturer  is ILCO HD74 blank. Had one cut. Good as new. Make sure you record the number stamped on your original key.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 09:08:48 AM »
I damaged my key to a rad runner plus 2022 and was informed that replacements are back ordered. So now i am down to one good key. Finally found a key blank that works at a locksmith. Is is a Honda motorcycle blank. Manufacturer  is ILCO HD74 blank. Had one cut. Good as new. Make sure you record the number stamped on your original key.

It's been known for at least a couple of years that you don't have to bother cutting that HD74 blank - the blanks will lock/unlock all or almost-all of those batteries on any Rad bike that uses them.  I carry only a blank with me for my MiniST2 to prove this to other Rad owners I warn about battery theft.

Did you try using the blank on your bike before having it cut?  If you're doubtful, buy another one and try it.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum