News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRunner or RadCity ?

Started by lecavaliev, May 26, 2022, 06:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

lecavaliev

Hi, I?m hesitating between both bikes. I?m a 50 y/o male of 6?1??. I live in Montreal. The roadway is often in bad condition. I have to ride 10 miles every morning/night to get to work.
I prefer the design and the utility aspect of the RadRunner, but I wonder if the RadCity could be faster and more comfortable with time? As I said, I?m 6?1.  Which one would you suggest? Thanks for you help.

Envoy? de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

lecavaliev

Quote from: lecavaliev on May 26, 2022, 06:40:05 PM
Hi, I?m hesitating between both bikes. I?m a 50 y/o male of 6?1??. I live in Montreal. The roadway is often in bad condition. I have to ride 10 miles every morning/night to get to work.
I prefer the design and the utility aspect of the RadRunner, but I wonder if the RadCity could be faster and more comfortable with time? As I said, I?m 6?1.  Which one would you suggest? Thanks for you help.

By the way, I weight 210 lbs. Interested by both Plus version.

Radio Runner

They are both going to top out at 20mph anyway. Its a Class 2 ebike thats the limit without mods. The Rad City may give longer distance though since it lighter and has thinner tires etc. That being said, I ditched the knobbies and put CST Big Boats on my Runner and it way smother and gets 30 miles on one charge easy with pedaling and about 20 if I'm not pedaling. The runner was a bit to upright for me stock. I had to get lower bars and the seat is crappola. New seat is almost a requirement.

ericwn

And here I am thinking we?re using the metric system in Canada? [emoji41]

Personally I?d pick the city for a commuter bike, it looks like a comfortable cruiser.

R3dEagle

Originally I ordered a RadCity 5 plus and had nothing but issues with the controller being DOA and support dragging their feet with a replacement due to stock issues of the new controller. Also it was a pain to try and get an exchange bike sent out. In the end I ended up submitting a return request for it and put in an order for a Radrunner plus. Currently waiting for that to come in now.

lecavaliev

Quote from: R3dEagle on May 27, 2022, 07:19:51 AM
Originally I ordered a RadCity 5 plus and had nothing but issues with the controller being DOA and support dragging their feet with a replacement due to stock issues of the new controller. Also it was a pain to try and get an exchange bike sent out. In the end I ended up submitting a return request for it and put in an order for a Radrunner plus. Currently waiting for that to come in now.
I would be curious to get your feedback.

lecavaliev

Quote from: Radio Runner on May 26, 2022, 11:54:20 PM
They are both going to top out at 20mph anyway. Its a Class 2 ebike thats the limit without mods. The Rad City may give longer distance though since it lighter and has thinner tires etc. That being said, I ditched the knobbies and put CST Big Boats on my Runner and it way smother and gets 30 miles on one charge easy with pedaling and about 20 if I'm not pedaling. The runner was a bit to upright for me stock. I had to get lower bars and the seat is crappola. New seat is almost a requirement.
Do you think RadRunner could be comfortable for ? tall ? people? 6?1/210lbs

R3dEagle

I?m 5 10? and around that weight currently. I don?t think it will be a problem as far as comfort goes. Obviously you?ll want to adjust your seat post to your preferred pedaling position. It supports a crazy long post as well so I?m sure it?s going to be very accommodating.

I?ll let you know once I get my bike in and how comfortable it is.

lecavaliev

Quote from: ericwn on May 27, 2022, 03:37:02 AM
And here I am thinking we?re using the metric system in Canada? [emoji41]

Personally I?d pick the city for a commuter bike, it looks like a comfortable cruiser.
Yes metric? but not metric only.
I agree, City looks more comfortable but I?m still hesitating. Thanks for your opinion. 

lecavaliev

Quote from: R3dEagle on May 27, 2022, 06:01:34 PM
I?m 5 10? and around that weight currently. I don?t think it will be a problem as far as comfort goes. Obviously you?ll want to adjust your seat post to your preferred pedaling position. It supports a crazy long post as well so I?m sure it?s going to be very accommodating.

I?ll let you know once I get my bike in and how comfortable it is.
Thank you [emoji1360]

WICaptKirk

I currently have both. A City5+, and a Runner 2. Personally the City is much more comfortable. You can actually ride the City without assist. The handlebars, and seat are adjustable, unlike the runner. That said my wife loves her Runner. I was lucky to be able to ride a Runner when we were in AL. So I knew it wasn?t for me. Good luck. Kirk

lecavaliev

Quote from: WICaptKirk on May 28, 2022, 06:11:48 AM
I currently have both. A City5+, and a Runner 2. Personally the City is much more comfortable. You can actually ride the City without assist. The handlebars, and seat are adjustable, unlike the runner. That said my wife loves her Runner. I was lucky to be able to ride a Runner when we were in AL. So I knew it wasn?t for me. Good luck. Kirk
Very interesting. It says it all?
If I had both, I would take the Runner for short trips in the neighborhood and the City as a commuter.

Top bad, I had a crush on the Runner but I have a feeling I'll be going with the City.

david.platt@mac.com

At 6 ft we both chose the City high step. We could not imagine anything smaller. The front shock does well with hard 2 inch tires. They feel pretty solid at full pressure 60 PSI. Thing is they really roll along nicely and we quite often only use PAS level 2 saving energy for uphill and against the wind where we use Level 3. I got the suntour seat post too and that does a great job of creating the illusion of a rear suspension making it feel like the front and rear sometimes compress evenly.
I?m also impressed with the way the Rad City uses it?s integrated rear rack to re-enforce the rear end. Great idea.
I also like the front handle bar adjustment that allowed me to extend the reach ( as the stem rotates downwards it actually gets moved further ) so my hands now fall more naturally on the grips. The handle bars roll back and forth for final adjustments.
I also noted that by moving the seat backward all the allowable way I sometimes kicked the frame and the kick stand.
Simply moving It a little forward from that maybe 1/4 of an inch. The kicking stoped.

I?m biased and my first e-bike.