News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadCity 5 Plus 3rd Party Controller Compatibility?

Started by R3dEagle, May 24, 2022, 10:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

R3dEagle

Has anyone tried the Bolton aftermarket controller/display upgrade? My bike was DOA and RAD hasn?t been able to give me a timeline on a replacement controller.

I?m hoping to find a third party controller that will work for the time being as I haven?t been able to even ride my bike that I just purchased.

I?m hoping they?ll send me a replacement bike but I?m just trying to plan ahead in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pjiaria

Just a heads up... they sent me 2 replacement bikes (I'm an excellent assembler now) because of controllers.... and eventually a controller for the 3rd....

rolandl

Try this
I have it in order as my new city5+ was dead on arrival

https://electrobikeworld.com/products/rad-power-6-upgrade-kit

Njaak

For what it's worth, I received a replacement for my wife's RadCity 5 plus Step Through today... after weeks of delays... and it worked perfectly (so far, knock wood).

cssshb

It is remarkable how many people are in the same situation as I am.

RadCity 5+ Step-Thru, DOA.

I would never have bought this bike had I read these forums.

Because Rad has entered a customer service vacuum, I am now stuck buying after-market components and learning way more than I ever thought necessary to operate this bike.

I can't even get a return process started on the bike. I'm literally out of a couple of grand I spent on the bike. This is the most disappointing purchase experience I've ever had.

Adams

I am just amazed at the number of complaints of DOA bikes.  You'd think Rad would test them before shipping (or are they being damaged in shipping?). 

inoxa

you might have recourse with your credit card company.  can't hurt to try.

cssshb

Quote from: Adams on June 15, 2023, 01:38:41 PM
I am just amazed at the number of complaints of DOA bikes.  You'd think Rad would test them before shipping (or are they being damaged in shipping?).

I have read on other forums that it seems Rad has shipped faulty controllers with new models. The controller is inside the frame of the bike so it is highly unlikely it is damaged in shipping.

One post I read indicated that someone was told by Rad that the controllers were being "redesigned" and they would replace the faulty controllers that shipped with the new models.

The major problem with that is the time it will take. It is months and months away from being remedied.

MyRadCity5

rolandl

Quote from: MyRadCity5 on June 20, 2023, 06:18:03 PM
Quote from: rolandl on May 21, 2023, 02:22:04 PM
I have it in order as my new city5+ was dead on arrival
https://electrobikeworld.com/products/rad-power-6-upgrade-kit

Even though it says "RP6" it's for the RadCity 5+ too?
That?s what they told me at electro bike world

Jay West

Rolandl   Have you installed this on your Rad City 5 Plus yet?  If you have have do you have a pic of the installation of the controller.  It's too thick to fit between the fender and the seat post  Thought maybe you figured out a way to mount it.

Thanks
Jay

deleteduser

Has anyone installed this on a 5+ yet? I'd like to know if it will work/fit before I order it.