News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Trunk rack for red Rover 6+

Started by Kennethdr1, May 21, 2022, 08:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kennethdr1

Does anyone have any ideas on a trunk for my radrover 6+ step through? Bought small basket seems a little too small and large basket won?t work with my pannier bags from rad.

JimInPT

I wouldn't even consider trying to mount something as large and heavy as an ebike to a trunk rack.  Get a real hitch rack that uses a 2" receiver and have the receiver professionally welded to the vehicle frame if it's not factory installed and load-rated.  (Many smaller vehicles are simply unable to accommodate these; believe it if that's what you're told.)

The dynamic loads of 70-100 lbs bouncing around on the back of a vehicle are no joke and yes, if you guess wrong and something snaps/falls off, it is very likely to cause a serious accident for the unfortunate driver behind you.  One pothole or speed bump is all it would take.......
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

santacruzpaul

Seems like some confusion between baskets and carry hitch's. Please educate me,
Paul

jbfoster

Quote from: santacruzpaul on June 23, 2022, 07:32:42 PM
Seems like some confusion between baskets and carry hitch's. Please educate me,
Paul

I removed my post. I misread the post. In my mind I thought they were asking about a Trunk Rack to haul their bike but they are actually looking for a Trunk bag for the back of their bike.

I bought the Ibera ‎IB-RA5 Bike Rack and Ibera ‎Ib-ba11 Bike Trunk Bag for Radrover 5. I have been very happy with both. Been using them since late 2020 with no issues. The rack also fit my 2022 Trek Dual Sport 3 bike.

Jim