Author Topic: New Radcity 5 plus bike and lights don't turn on  (Read 2160 times)

Broker

• View Profile
New Radcity 5 plus bike and lights don't turn on
« on: May 20, 2022, 10:14:43 AM »
Got a RadCity 5 Plus delivered two days ago. Headlight and rear light won't turn on but rear light goes on when brakes are applied and headlight flashes when power is turned off. Any idea what's going on?

jshrad

• View Profile
Re: New Radcity 5 plus bike and lights don't turn on
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 02:21:37 PM »
Same problem rad sent new headlight, wiring harness and now new controller. Has taken several months to receive parts and then install them. Just finished installing the controller and the problem persists will contact rob once again.

schlossb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 07:11:54 PM »
I'm very curious if you've figured this out.  I just set up a new RadCity 5 Plus with the same problem with the light, though when we first turned took the bike our of the box and put things together, the front and back lights worked. But now (2 days later) only the brake lights work.

eddie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 02:05:09 PM »
I have same problem :( Works intermittently (some days works, then it won't). Also flashes on switch off when not working.
They are sending new Controller and harness
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 10:30:28 AM by eddie »

Technology5150

• View Profile
Re: Radcity 5 plus bike - lights don't turn on
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 08:09:27 AM »
I have the same issue with a RadCity 5.  The bike comes on, but the lights will not come on.  The brake light does light up when using the brakes and the lights flash for .5 seconds when the bike turns off.  Has anyone been able to determine what part is going out on all these bikes?  Mine is out of warranty and I can't afford to buy a bunch of parts.  Thank you!

handlebar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 06:39:20 PM »
I have the same issue with a RadCity 5.  The bike comes on, but the lights will not come on.  The brake light does light up when using the brakes and the lights flash for .5 seconds when the bike turns off.  Has anyone been able to determine what part is going out on all these bikes?  Mine is out of warranty and I can't afford to buy a bunch of parts.  Thank you!

The best thing for the back is a 3" reflector,  just below the seat, for $1 or so. You can't count on a rear light, but reflector will work if the overtaking vehicle has headlights. For the front, I mounted a $35 rechargeable handlebar light. It's bright. The display shows what percent is left.

John Rose

• It's not cheating.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 10:16:24 PM »
... The best thing for the back is a 3" reflector,  just below the seat, for $1 or so. You can't count on a rear light, but reflector will work if the overtaking vehicle has headlights. ...
That got me to thinking about what our bikes had.
My wife's RadMini ST2 has a stock tail/brake light with the top 3/4 also being retro-reflective. The bottom quarter has the LEDs.
My RadExpand 5's stock tail/brake light is not retro-reflective, but it came with a separate reflector on the rear fender.
RadMini ST 2 / RadExpand 5

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 10:16:24 PM »