Author Topic: Mini 4 accessories  (Read 2778 times)

Muskie1

• View Profile
Mini 4 accessories
« on: May 20, 2022, 09:05:09 AM »
 Excuse my lack of proper use of the English language.

I have had my bike for about 10 months and have bought many things,  my first buy was the bike, bad decision on the model I chose, I bought the mini 4 , not the step thru out of vanity because of color and not wanting a girls bike.

All wrong,  60 years old and getting on the bike did not work out well, 4 falls, one crash.  All falls getting on it, get a step thur..
 The good things I bought were a K- bro handle bar attachment for the accessories I wanted, soI could mount things, Lsan headlight, awesome, Rad rack useless, Clover made .milk crate,  great, Hanfy mirror bad, cheap horn, great, Gub phone holder bad,, cheap  top bar bag great  .
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:13:59 AM by Muskie1 »

JimInPT

• View Profile
Re: Mini 4 accessories
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 10:58:19 AM »
I have had my bike for about 10 months and have bought many things,  my first buy was the bike, bad decision on the model I chose, I bought the mini 4 , not the step thru out of vanity because of color and not wanting a girls bike.

All wrong,  60 years old and getting on the bike did not work out well, 4 falls, one crash.  All falls getting on it, get a step thur..

I agree with your advice; I faced the same choice and after briefly considering "girl's bike" I bought the Mini StepThru2.  No regrets at all, my knees appreciate it and I'm old enough that I really don't care at all what others think, as I pass them going up hills.   8)

I also have the Gub phone mount and love it; holds my Samsung S10e even in a thick Otterbox case, but I'm curious why you don't like it?
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Radio Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 01:50:20 PM »
It?s a fun factoid to note that the term ?girls bike? is uniquely American slang.

Every other country calls this frame style a Step-Though.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 03:38:54 PM »
 Well I wished I had known that , only other languages I know of use the middle finger at me, I guess it means I am # 1.

Here in metro Detroit  it usually is a thumbs up , oh well.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 03:51:16 PM »

I agree with your advice; I faced the same choice and after briefly considering "girl's bike" I bought the Mini StepThru2.  No regrets at all, my knees appreciate it and I'm old enough that I really don't care at all what others think, as I pass them going up hills.   8)

I also have the Gub phone mount and love it; holds my Samsung S10e even in a thick Otterbox case, but I'm curious why you don't like it?
Mine constantly loosens, and the rubber straps are a pain for me. I only have one hand with good dexterity.  Most of my rides are circular, many stops.

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 06:55:42 PM »
Mine constantly loosens, and the rubber straps are a pain for me. I only have one hand with good dexterity.  Most of my rides are circular, many stops.

Ahhh, it seems you have a different model than mine, which is all-metal, no rubber straps; I'd only ever seen the one, including for sale via Rad:

https://amzn.to/3lBT8ZR
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 06:35:10 AM by Ryan »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Radio Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 09:44:07 PM »
Mine is all metal, ordered from Rad. It?s did come with several rubber shims to choose from. It came loose a few times. I had to use loc-tite to keep it fixed. I?m guessing the threads on the clamp are not quite within tolerance.

Muskie1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2022, 08:22:30 AM »
Mine is all metal, ordered from Rad. It?s did come with several rubber shims to choose from. It came loose a few times. I had to use loc-tite to keep it fixed. I?m guessing the threads on the clamp are not quite within tolerance.
Mine is the Gub plus 6, all metal,  except it came with a rubber attachment that goes underneath the main holder. The problem is the thumb screw to secure the phone loosens constantly.
 I live in a area where 3 Native American tribes actually took there canoes to a place  called Council point.
 They conspired with outside elements to take over Fort Detroit,  they did
 So, short story long, I was going to see Henry Fords mistress horse track.

I found it, did my bike get me there, no, did I lose my phone yes.

Radio Runner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »
Ah, Your talking about the knurled nut that clamps the phone. Ok, yeah, I have to really crank it down but I'm also nor riding off-road. So far on the pavement it has come loose but I also check it occasionally while riding.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »