News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

After-market Rad City ST 3 Rear Fender?

Started by zfr7, May 16, 2022, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

zfr7

Hello,

Does anyone know of a place to buy a rear fender and the wiring for the tail light for a Rad City Step Thru 3? I mean after market or DIY solutions.

The rear fender replacement has been out of stock from Rad since at least April 7. I'll spare the details because I'd end up ranting about this experience but long story short, Rad is telling me that I need to replace the rear fender and its wiring before moving onto the controller and wiring harness for my non-functional bike.

I feel so scammed right now that my $1500 bike is completely non-functional and I was told there's no possible solution besides waiting for the fender to be back in stock someday.

Radio Runner

Is there a light attached to the fender or something? Do you mean electrical wire to the rear light, or the wire struts that hold the fender in place? What actually keeping the motor from working here?

Sorry I may have missed some info in another thread.

zfr7

Quote from: Radio Runner on May 16, 2022, 11:38:26 PM
Is there a light attached to the fender or something? Do you mean electrical wire to the rear light, or the wire struts that hold the fender in place? What actually keeping the motor from working here?

Hey, so I explained it poorly. I'm referring to the electrical wire to the rear light. The wiring is attached to the bottom side of the fender. So, although the light isn't directly attached to the fender, its wiring is.

I think this wiring simply goes from taillight to controller. However, Rad insisted that I replace the rear fender and its wiring for the taillight before moving on to further troubleshooting steps because of the exposed wire tubing. They didn't fully explain why.

As for what's stopping the motor from working, my battery is fully charged but when I turn on the bike, the LCD displays low battery and the bike automatically shuts off. I went through every basic troubleshooting step but no luck.