News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad runner throttle issue?

Started by Rad_Ray, May 15, 2022, 11:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Rad_Ray

I have a Rad Runner and after I ride it a while with just the throttle it will sometimes cut in and out. It doesn't matter if the battery is fully charged or been used a while so I don't think it is a battery issue. Anyone else have anything similar happened to their bike? If so what was the fix?

Radio Runner

Did you snug up all the connector points?

Rad_Ray

Quote from: Radio Runner on May 15, 2022, 11:44:22 PM
Did you snug up all the connector points?

Yes it was the first thing I checked. 👍🏻

Radding Along

You do realize all Rad bikes are class 2 ebikes and are restricted to 20mph based on US Federal law?

When you use only the throttle on a Rad bike, once you hit 21mph, power is cut until it reaches 19th. Then the power comes back on until you hit 21 mph again. So Rad bikes and all other brands of class 2 ebikes are constantly cutting on and off once it reaches the maximum speed allowed by law.

Rad_Ray

Quote from: Radding Along on May 16, 2022, 08:46:44 PM
You do realize all Rad bikes are class 2 ebikes and are restricted to 20mph based on US Federal law?

When you use only the throttle on a Rad bike, once you hit 21mph, power is cut until it reaches 19th. Then the power comes back on until you hit 21 mph again. So Rad bikes and all other brands of class 2 ebikes are constantly cutting on and off once it reaches the maximum speed allowed by law.

Yeah I definitely understand how the governor works on the bike. Not the issue.

Radding Along

I suggest replacing the throttle first. They are cheap to replace.

From the sound of it, I think you may have a controller issue. Especially since it doesn't happen until you ride a while. The controller is probably heating up and causing issues.