News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rover 6 plus Controller

Started by RadBod, May 14, 2022, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

RadBod

Is the Rover 6 plus standard controller available for purchase, I am curious as to whether you could swap out an EU controller for an American/Canadian one?

Radding Along

The Rover 6Plus US controller is available for purchase. The cost is $159. Keep in mind, the High Step model and the Step Thru model controllers are different part numbers. So you will need to order the right one.

In fact, the Canadian controllers are different part numbers than the US version. And the EU part numbers are different as well.

I don't know what the difference is, or if there is any. I think the lower speeds dictated by Canada and the EU are controlled by the display. Just guessing on that.

sj22

Quote from: Radding Along on May 16, 2022, 07:54:35 PM
The Rover 6Plus US controller is available for purchase. The cost is $159. Keep in mind, the High Step model and the Step Thru model controllers are different part numbers. So you will need to order the right one.

In fact, the Canadian controllers are different part numbers than the US version. And the EU part numbers are different as well.

I don't know what the difference is, or if there is any. I think the lower speeds dictated by Canada and the EU are controlled by the display. Just guessing on that.

Where? Looking for ST controller for Canadian 6+ to upgrade to US version for 750W.

Si1Dia

The problem with putting a US controller in an EU or CA rover 6+ is that your motor is not 750w. it is a 250W EU, and 500W CA. so you would need to replace both the motor and the controller to get the effect you are looking for.

These parts are even listed as different part numbers in the rad dataBase so they cannot be confused with each other.

(former Rad Employee before the layoffs)

RadBod

Quote from: Si1Dia on May 18, 2022, 02:14:43 PM
The problem with putting a US controller in an EU or CA rover 6+ is that your motor is not 750w. it is a 250W EU, and 500W CA. so you would need to replace both the motor and the controller to get the effect you are looking for.

These parts are even listed as different part numbers in the rad dataBase so they cannot be confused with each other.

Sorry about the layoff but thanks for the inside knowledge. I had previously been led down the wrong rabbit hole concerning the 750W motor. There was a discussion I stumbled on that all bikes in all countries have the same motor and were limited purely by the software. I guess I?m stuck with max. 250W.

msndave

Sorry to hear about the layoffs. If you don't mind me asking, did Rad layoff people primarily in the mobile units or were the layoffs mixed with other service personal as well? The reason I'm asking is because there have been several people on Facebook saying that Rad service isn't what it used to be.  Thanks so much.

Si1Dia

Quote from: msndave on May 20, 2022, 12:20:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the layoffs. If you don't mind me asking, did Rad layoff people primarily in the mobile units or were the layoffs mixed with other service personal as well? The reason I'm asking is because there have been several people on Facebook saying that Rad service isn't what it used to be.  Thanks so much.

Mostly from the mobile service but also a few here and there all around the company. Product Support lost only 3 or 4 folks if I heard correctly. It was a great company to work for, sorry to have to go, but now off to bigger and better things. :)

msndave

Quote from: Si1Dia on May 22, 2022, 04:03:00 PM
Quote from: msndave on May 20, 2022, 12:20:38 PM

Mostly from the mobile service but also a few here and there all around the company. Product Support lost only 3 or 4 folks if I heard correctly. It was a great company to work for, sorry to have to go, but now off to bigger and better things. :)

Best of luck to you!  I hope you find another job that makes you happy.   :)

sj22

Hi, thanks for responding, bummer, I went with Rad because of their bike service/assembly options.
Can you post the numbers and where to buy them? I will buy both the motor and controller in that case. Still easier than selling current bike and rebuying in the US and biking across which is possible just a big hassle if there are service issues etc.

Si1Dia

Quote from: sj22 on May 26, 2022, 09:54:26 AM

Hi, thanks for responding, bummer, I went with Rad because of their bike service/assembly options.
Can you post the numbers and where to buy them? I will buy both the motor and controller in that case. Still easier than selling current bike and rebuying in the US and biking across which is possible just a big hassle if there are service issues etc.

rad won't sell US parts in Canada. you would have to have a US address/account to have them shipped. They will also tell you that you will void the bike warranty by installing these parts. You just need to write or call in to Rad set up a US account, ask for the parts and hope for the best.