News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Factory liner from rad

Started by Kennethdr1, May 13, 2022, 07:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kennethdr1

How good are the factory liners for the tires on the rad 6+? Thinking about putting slime in the tires as a back up good idea or bad thanks for any comments.

Ddaybc

I don't know about the liners but Slime works well. I'm going to install Flat Out for both of our bikes though as the reviews I've seen indicates Flat Out performs better than Slime. Both work well however.

Eric7

Put Slime on mine.  250 miles.  6 months.  No need for inflation.  No flats.  I am very happy.  In comparison - my regular bike's tubes have no slime and I have to pump them up every month.  They probably all work.  I am not promoting one brand over another.

Don't believe the manufacturer who claims they can plug a hole bigger than the tire valve tube.  It is logically impossible.  If the sealant is so good, how come you can squeeze it down the long thin tire valve tube?  I think it is really for small holes - smaller than the valve tubes.

crorris

I just did a ride from Key Largo to Key West and back. I watched video of others who had done this ride just one way and most of them ended up multiple flats (on regular bikes). I didn't want to have to change/repair a flat, so I went kind of extreme. I installed Tannus Armour in both tires and also put Slime in them. I also carried two spare tubes and a bottle of Slime. Happy to say, I had no flats. The thing that I really like about the Tannus Armour is that they say you can actually ride for a short distance on a flat with them. I haven't had to test that myself yet. 

jbfoster

Quote from: crorris on May 16, 2022, 06:39:53 AM
I just did a ride from Key Largo to Key West and back. I watched video of others who had done this ride just one way and most of them ended up multiple flats (on regular bikes). I didn't want to have to change/repair a flat, so I went kind of extreme. I installed Tannus Armour in both tires and also put Slime in them. I also carried two spare tubes and a bottle of Slime. Happy to say, I had no flats. The thing that I really like about the Tannus Armour is that they say you can actually ride for a short distance on a flat with them. I haven't had to test that myself yet.

You can't ride flat on all tire sizes.

This is from Tannus web site.

One of the great features of the Tannus Armour is that if you get a flat during the ride you can ride a few miles without hurting your rim.* However, if you do get a flat please avoid rougher terrain.

*Does not apply to the follow sizes: 20x3.0-4.0, 20x4.1-4.8, and 26x4.0-4.8.

rjp

UPDATE. I knew I read it somewhere, so I got out my Tannus installation guide and on page 3 under Tips For Installing Tannus Armour it states (It is common for the Amour to compress over time. It still is providing shock absorption and puncture resistance but will perform better when properly maintained. To minimize compression deflate the tires while not use. This allows the Armour compound to rebound to provide ideal performance.) So does that mean when your not riding your bike, your suppose to let the air out of the tires? I'm sorry but that's not happening. I don't know how everyone else feels, but if I would have known that earlier, I would not have purchased the Armours.