Author Topic: Controllers compatible with rad city 5 plus.  (Read 3183 times)

adamh9219

• View Profile
Controllers compatible with rad city 5 plus.
« on: May 13, 2022, 04:28:22 AM »
Controller is bad in my rad city 5 plus. Talked to Rad and they have no eta on when they will get some in. Is there a third party controller that would work for this bike?

santacruzpaul

• View Profile
Re: Controllers compatible with rad city 5 plus.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 07:08:08 AM »
If you are still under warranty it might be in jeopardy, If not under warranty they are a ton of options and upgrades.

Controller is bad in my rad city 5 plus. Talked to Rad and they have no eta on when they will get some in. Is there a third party controller that would work for this bike?

ijepstein

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 02:22:00 PM »
Same issue with my 8 month old Rad City Step Thru 5 plus.  Controller not working.  Been a month and still no idea when they will be sending out a new one.  Supposed to be waiting for delivery.  Not sure how you have a $2,000 bike that you can't get replacement parts for.  Not a happy camper right at the moment. Anyone have any recommendations for a compatible controller?

RadHawaiians

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 04:10:08 PM »
We've had the controllers go out on both our City Five stepthrus, at about five months of occassional riding. Luckily they had them in stock, and shipped* them immediately. Now minevappears to be glitching again, three times, days apart, I ve had a dead start. Displays working, but no motor power. Each time it's reset itself, or whateverthehell it does, but Incringe avery time I take that first stroke or twist the throttle.

* Rad will not ship OR MAIL to Hawaii or Alaska. So they US Mail to my daughter in Oakland, and she has to forward. Come'on Rad, we're part of the US, 96740 ... see, ZIP code and everything, no extra fees, we speak American. What's with you guys anyhow?
Smitty & Kapalili, home @ Kailua-Kona, HI

DaveC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 08:12:54 AM »
I found this msg saying some controllers compatible with a RadCity 5 might be available, but can't find any link or source.  Maybe it's just because I'm unfamiliar with the forum or how to use it.  But if anyone could give me a source of where to buy a controller campatible with a Rad City 5, could you please email me the info at:  davec4567@gmail.com
I would sincerely appreciate any help anyone could give me.  I can't get Rad City to provide it.  My bike is nothing but a big paperweight until I can find a controller!

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2022, 08:12:54 AM »