News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Taller riders and RadCity 5 Plus Step-Through

Started by Ducky, May 12, 2022, 12:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Ducky

Hello, I am considering either a radcity 5 plus ST or a radrunner plus for daily commuting to my college campus. However, I am 5'10" with a 32" inseam and was wondering whether the step through radcity 5 plus would feel cramped.

I really have no intention of buying a high-step bike, so if someone close to my measurements could give me insight on this I would greatly appreciate it. If it would feel cramped at all, I'd rather just go with the radrunner plus.

Jay West

I recommend the Rad City 5 Plus Step Thru. I am 6' 2" with a 33" inseam and it works great for me.  It does not feel cramped at all and there is a lot of adjustment for and aft on the handle bar stem.  It is a great commuter bike.  My second Rad City step thru.  (2018 with over 10,000 miles and 2,000 on my Rad City 5 plus.  Go for it.

DrSmile

I don't see how anyone over 5'10" could ride the step through version without purchasing a longer seat post. I'm 5'7" and it is maxed out.

Radding Along

6' tall and have both the City 5 plus ST and Rover 6 plus ST. I have no issues with seat height on my step through models. Even if I did, there are plenty of longer seat posts for sale. High step frames suck.

Rover

I'm 5'8" (use to be 5'10") but 32 inseam for the bike measurement. Because of how I like to ride I like a high seat. So I had to buy a new seat post. That is not a big deal. Now the bike is perfect for me. And I still have more seat post to raise if I needed it (which I don't now).

david.platt@mac.com

Get the Rad City 5 + step through. At 5ft10inchs  It will fit you perfectly  :-)

I like the thinner wheels, because you could pedal it home even if you ran out of battery.

I have the step over and I am 6 ft and could not imagine anything smaller.

But you can👍

Wachtower

I'm in a similar situation-- I'm 6'2" and just picked up a used RadCity 5 Plus Step-Through. I max out the seatpost and still can't get a full pedal stroke. It appears the stock seatpost is 27.2x400mm so I just ordered a cheap 27.2x450mm replacement post to see if an extra 5 centimeters does the job. I know a lot of folks are into the suspension posts, but the wide tires already make the bike feel cushy enough for me so I went with a rigid post. Plus it was $23.

Here's the link if anyone else looking: https://amzn.to/3xiVeEC

DesertDog

For what it's worth, I'm 6'6" and purchased the Rad City 5+ high step.  The step through was way too short for my height.  With the high step and the stock seat post in its max extended position, I'm probably an inch short of being in the perfect fully extended position.  Considering getting a longer seat post but after 60+ miles I'm not sure it is necessary.  It's a very comfortable ride for my size.

david.platt@mac.com

Check out the handlebar post adjustments. I lowered mine to 25 degrees.  By rotating the bar riser forward I was able to move it effectively forward. The handlebars can be rotated upwards to compensate for the height you want.