News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Wanted US controller and screen for 2 RadRunners.

Started by Chris777, May 02, 2022, 11:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Chris777

Wife would be more than happy with 750 watts. 500 limit in Canada could use a boost. Looking for US controllers and screens for 2 RadRunners. If you upgraded to the Bolton I'd be glad to buy your old one.

surfer8210

I have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimInPT

Quote from: Chris777 on May 02, 2022, 11:54:01 AMLooking for US controllers and screens for 2 RadRunners.

You might want to try a US-spec setup on one bike first, before investing in two.  I don't recall reading about anybody doing this mod and it's possible Rad may have jiggered the Canadian motor to limit RPM or current no matter how much the controller tries to apply.  I bet somebody's tried it, but not that I can remember.

IIRC, Altema's motor experiments revealed some sort of circuit in the US-spec motor that limited RPM no matter the current or voltage, so that even with a 52v battery he still couldn't get it going past 25 mph.  Not certain, but that's what I recall.  He ended up installing a standard Bafang motor and then tried destructive high-amperage testing on the removed stock Rad motor - he couldn't make it die, so they're pretty rugged.

On the other hand, I think I've seen vids of the Eggrider working on even the strangled Euro Peon controller limits, so US controllers might just drop in and work for you.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.