News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Rad Rover 6+ better in pairs

Started by BBB, April 29, 2022, 03:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

BBB

Hello all. Just assembled our first of two Rad Rover 6+ step thru machines. Got the white one first and the charcoal will be here in a few days. This was only a few days after ordering with the most excellent $600 discount that sealed the deal. Thank you very much Rad!

Box arrived a bit punctured in places shipping Fed-Ex from the west to east coast but no apparent damage luckily. Typical areas like the top of the header tube bracket, kick stand and fork bottom shipping plate were blown out so they could add some thicker foam there in the box.

All went together easily with the tools provided. Right rear frame fender mounting boss hole threads had to be coaxed a bit with some additional oil due to extra powder coat paint in the hole. The handle bars were factory configured to swing the cables far out from the head tube. Probably to clear a front basket, but this looked all wonky and a simple extra twist of the bars before mounting them fixed them so they hugged the top tube better. This did not add any addition stress to the cables. I re-routed one of the cables under the frame cover so it payed out better in that same area. I plan to do some additional cable management. I'll take some pics if it turns out well.

Nixed the bright yellow sticker on the top of the frame that was staring me in the face... Lawyers.

This one came with rubber bolt on palm grips in place of the faux leather ones. Nice upgrade.

Other upgrades on the way for both bikes are bigger comfort seats. Pivoting linkage style suspension seat tubes. RAD Factory rear racks. Top Peak MTX hard side quick rack bags with panniers & required sliding racks (Had to order the slide racks from Japan & they came in two days, freaky) Compact remote control alarms. Kryptonite Evolution 5' chains. Handle bar mount modern mirrors. Nite Ize Wraptor cell phone holders.

For the Jeep Wrangler JK they'll be transported on, we installed a 2" receiver hitch & ordered a KBO brand electric bike rack rated for 160 lbs. We'll let you know how that works out when it comes in.

Thanks for reading and I hope I can contribute & learn stuff from time to time

chopday

Had a quick question related to -  Top Peak MTX hard side quick rack bags with panniers & required sliding racks (Had to order the slide racks from Japan & they came in two days, freaky) - were you able to mount Topeak MTX on Rad Rack ?

Can you share some pictures and what sliding racks did you order...