News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

2021 MiniST2 - correct spoke wrench size?

Started by JimInPT, April 29, 2022, 10:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

JimInPT

UPDATE: I remeasured it with a micrometer instead of calipers for better reliability.  Looks like these are 3.95-4.00mm across the flats, which means the SW-3 (blue) tool should be the correct size and that's what I just ordered.  Will update again if it's not correct.

Can anybody please confirm the correct size spoke wrench needed for my MiniST?  I think I've measured 4.36mm across the flats but I'm not positive that's accurate (aging eyes). 

Planning to order a Park Tool u-wrench that fits properly and not sure if it's maybe SW-2 or SW-3.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

SemperVee

Hi Jim,    You can get the multi sized tool as I did from Amazon or Walmart for about $9.   I think the mini size is 11 if I recall correctly.

JimInPT

Thanks SV, I know; I have one of those, the round style, in my bike's toolkit.  I carry it there because it's small and can handle any size, so might be helpful for somebody else on the trail.

For tuneups at home, it's the right tool for the job whenever possible - the Park Tools are very well made and precisely sized, so I want the one size I need with a buy-once-this-lifetime purchase.  And they're only 10 bucks.
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.