News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Radrover VS Himiway Cruiser

Started by AzBklyn, May 02, 2020, 02:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

Quote from: RadJohn on June 07, 2020, 07:55:53 PM
Quote from: Ryan on June 06, 2020, 08:49:18 PM
I agree that controller is in a terrible spot.

Yeah, it's in the same place as the one on the RadMini 4, looks problematic for sure.
Not a day goes by where I don't clean mud and dirt off my RadMini 4 controller. No problems since it's in a metal case and the internals are somewhat sealed, but not the best place. I'm thinking of adding a mudflap, lol.

RadJohn

Quote from: Altema on September 12, 2020, 06:03:58 PM...I'm thinking of adding a mudflap...

With ~1K on my Mini4, seems like I've cleaned at least 10 pounds of mud off my controller. The most annoying area though is the rats nest bundle of wires below the bottom bracket. I've put dielectric grease in all the connectors as a precaution and made a prototype shield out of clear Mylar that wrapped from the top of the controller down and under the wire bundle. It made periodic wipedowns a lot easier, but got ripped off when riding through some scraggly underbrush.  I plan on making a more robust version while the bike is laid up this winter (IF that happens, I just got snap-on earmuffs for my ABUS helmet, had to order them from Germany).