News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Wa-Wa-Wa-Wa...

Started by pnoeth, September 10, 2020, 11:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

pnoeth

Brand new owner here. Rad Mini Step-through.

Love the bike. Had it for a couple of days and 35 miles on the odometer. My question is about motor noise. When riding under power the motor makes a wa-wa-wa-wa noise. Let go of the throttle or stop pedaling and the noise is gone so it is not tire or brake noise. The noise is not particularly loud but it is constant under power.

I assume some noise from the motor is to be expected. If the noise was a constant buzz I would not mind, but the wa-wa-wa... drives me nuts. Is this a normal noise or should I be concerned?

Thanks,
Paul

wkindred

paul -

i'm pretty sure the sound you are describing is normal. i hear a similar sound when riding my electric bikes from 2 different brands. it's likely the signal pulsing of the brushless motor. i've learned to tune it out - helps when you're nearly deaf...

- will

pnoeth

Will, thank you for the reply. I was hoping it was a normal sound. The more I ride it the more I can tune it out. I am an old goat and getting more deaf every day.
Huh?  ;D

paul