Author Topic: Radrover VS Himiway Cruiser  (Read 24394 times)

AzBklyn

• View Profile
Radrover VS Himiway Cruiser
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »
Just for curiosity was looking at the Himiway Cruiser VS the Radrover.The bikes kind of look identical.But i see a bit better of a battery on the Himiway and the bike supports 325 pounds compared to the Radrovers 275.Has anyone had any experience with the Himiway or know if they actually are the same bikes with different badges on them ???

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Radrover VS Himiway Cruiser
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »
Just for curiosity was looking at the Himiway Cruiser VS the Radrover.The bikes kind of look identical.But i see a bit better of a battery on the Himiway and the bike supports 325 pounds compared to the Radrovers 275.Has anyone had any experience with the Himiway or know if they actually are the same bikes with different badges on them ???

No experience myself but they do look very similar. The extra battery capacity is nice and the two year warranty on it is interesting. I do wonder if the Himiway stated capacity is a bit of a stretch. It is hard to imagine putting anything more than a child on the rear, but maybe I'm wrong. I know Himiway has a Facebook group so I'd maybe do some digging there. Looks like Himiway put the controller on the bottom of the down tube. I personally would prefer where Rad has it placed on the seat tube.

I'd also consider which bike can you actually get sooner (looks like the Cruiser is a pre-order and the Rover is backordered) and the customer support of each company. For us we'd opt for a Rover since we're already in the Rad ecosystem - our child seat and batteries would work on both bikes. I've also been very happy with Rad's support and there is definitely a benefit to buying from the largest seller of ebikes in North America. Hope this helps!

[Edit] I compiled my thoughts in this blog post: https://ebikeescape.com/himiway-vs-rad/
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 09:27:57 AM by Ryan »

AzBklyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 08:23:11 PM »
Thanks Ryan..I actually just ordered the Radrover on Backorder and used the link up top for the 50 Amazon card.Not to sure how that works.And just came across that Himiway.Totally agree about the support and reputation of Rad and that is why I decided to go with them compared to some of the other companies.The weight capacity on the Himiway caught my eye at 325 and the Rad at 275.I retired a couple of years ago and packed on the pounds.I am at 255 and hope the weight is not an issue with the Rover. Don't think it will be but the 325 sounds like it might mean a bit more power for my extra weight.

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 07:18:38 PM »
Thanks Ryan..I actually just ordered the Radrover on Backorder and used the link up top for the 50 Amazon card.Not to sure how that works.And just came across that Himiway.Totally agree about the support and reputation of Rad and that is why I decided to go with them compared to some of the other companies.The weight capacity on the Himiway caught my eye at 325 and the Rad at 275.I retired a couple of years ago and packed on the pounds.I am at 255 and hope the weight is not an issue with the Rover. Don't think it will be but the 325 sounds like it might mean a bit more power for my extra weight.

Appreciate you using my link. You will receive a $50 Amazon gift card via email - I believe that will come once you actually receive the bike. If for some reason it doesn't come through you can always contact Rad Power Bikes and ask them about it. You'll love the RadRover, hope it comes in a hurry so you can get out and enjoy.

AzBklyn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
Cant wait to get it and get out there 😷

Jay Costa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 05:29:39 AM »
Hello Ryan,
I have a Radrover5 on order but recently purchased a himiway step thru and have been puzzled about canceling my order and getting the high step himiway for myself. On our himiway we have 42.5 miles on the original charge and the battery is still full, plus I’ve been able to ride over 32mph on this thing.
Can the radrover5 go this fast only tweaking the LCD settings? From what I’m hearing the rad can only go to 23-25mph after messing with the LCD.
I love the support and know how from the Rad so I’m tossed between them.
Thank you for your input.
Jay

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2020, 07:05:48 AM »
Hello Ryan,
I have a Radrover5 on order but recently purchased a himiway step thru and have been puzzled about canceling my order and getting the high step himiway for myself. On our himiway we have 42.5 miles on the original charge and the battery is still full, plus I’ve been able to ride over 32mph on this thing.
Can the radrover5 go this fast only tweaking the LCD settings? From what I’m hearing the rad can only go to 23-25mph after messing with the LCD.
I love the support and know how from the Rad so I’m tossed between them.
Thank you for your input.
Jay

Hi Jay, keep in mind I'm not as familiar with Himiway but here are my thoughts. First what is the wattage when you are hitting 32 mph on the Himiway? It appears that they both have the same motor, but perhaps the controller is allowing more power to the motor similar to what folks see when they upgrade their Rad to a new controller from Bolton Ebikes. If that is a main factor for you then I think the Himiway might be the way to go. My only pause is I don't know much about Himiway's customer support. Doesn't mean it's good or bad, it just isn't a company I've interacted with yet. Perhaps I will reach out to them and see if I can get one to test out. The RadRover 5 is going to hit 23 or 24 in my experience if you change the settings on the LCD screen. There is also the factor of having two of the same bikes that use the same battery pack. Hope this helps - let me know if you want to bounce any other ideas off me.

Jay Costa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2020, 12:16:42 PM »
Thank you for your input. It does have a luan xing 750w motor with a Samsung 17.4 battery,
I ordered another himiway but not sure I’ll cancel the rad. Would your $50 coupon still apply?

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 07:09:06 AM »
Thank you for your input. It does have a luan xing 750w motor with a Samsung 17.4 battery,
I ordered another himiway but not sure I’ll cancel the rad. Would your $50 coupon still apply?

Sometimes Rad can apply the referral retroactively assuming you didn't use any other code. If you send me an email at ryan (at) ebikeescape.com I can send you my personal info to give to Rad. Hopefully you can still get the $50 Amazon gift card.

ElChago1989

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 07:50:22 AM »
Hi... I'm wondering if the Himiway Battery would fit the Rad?

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2020, 11:23:36 AM »
@Jay Costa -perhaps this has been mentioned earlier but the Himiway's controller is in a really bad place IMO. Really easy to get hits etc. But love how easy it is to remove the battery! https://youtu.be/bXqJNpRUHd0

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2020, 08:49:18 PM »
Hi... I'm wondering if the Himiway Battery would fit the Rad?

I have only seen people use Rad batteries on Rad ebikes unless they are replacing the other electronics at the same time. There aren't even third parties that sell a battery that will work with Rad's off the shelf (at least at this time).

@Fin_Rad - I agree that controller is in a terrible spot.

RadJohn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 07:55:53 PM »
I agree that controller is in a terrible spot.

Yeah, it's in the same place as the one on the RadMini 4, looks problematic for sure.

ElChago1989

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
I'm a bit torn between the two...Himiway Cruiser and Rad Rover...Both are very similar...Himiway is only $326 dollars cheaper for 2 bikes, there is no shipping cost for both and no tax on the Himiway. It comes with a few more things than the Rad...the battery is 17.5ah, and says the weight capacity is 350lbs... Haven't really read too many negatives other than the controller being in a bad spot...Their warehouse is close to where I live in California. Anyone have Experience with the Himiway yet.
Any advice, suggestions,or opinions that would help me to make a decision would be appreciated

fin_rad

• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 02:02:46 PM by fin_rad »

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 01:56:02 PM »