Author Topic: I'm working on replacing the handlebar stem for Mini ST  (Read 12071 times)

Darrine90

• View Profile
Re: I'm working on replacing the handlebar stem for Mini ST
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 06:05:36 PM »
Thanks!  :) and the Satori extender is great very solid. The LCD screen I can swivel up and down very easily for when I need to turn the bars.

And now I am thinking about upgrading the controller next.

rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2022, 02:59:57 PM »
Darrine90, I have a new 35amp upgrade kit for sale. Where are you located? I'm in Wisconsin. Also have M1 Juintech hyd brake calipers for sale. $320 for both, kit & calipers 

Darrine90

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 04:06:07 PM »
I am located in Canada and just purchased it from Electro bike world!  Why are you selling it?

rjp

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2022, 02:20:36 PM »
I like the way my Rad Rover performs with the original controller. I don't need the extra motor noise and extra torque. The hills I encounter are no problem for the original controller. I also like the smoothness of the power supply to the motor. I just don't want to screw up a good thing and possibly regret it. 

Darrine90

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2022, 08:44:12 PM »
Makes sense, the Rad controller is smooth and thought hard about keeping it but I live in a pretty hilly place so the extra torque will be nice. I might have to get a 2nd battery when the new controller arrives.

mushroom

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2022, 08:39:07 AM »
Very interesting
I just bolted up a fitbike stem and Stranger Haze BMX bars to see how it looked and it's a little too low
So I've ordered a 115mm stem extender and a SALT BMX stem to see how it goes
Heres as it sits now until the new parts arrive

JimInPT

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2022, 11:33:36 AM »
Makes sense, the Rad controller is smooth and thought hard about keeping it but I live in a pretty hilly place so the extra torque will be nice. I might have to get a 2nd battery when the new controller arrives.

Same here; installed the 35A controller this spring after my MiniST2 warranty expired.  Setting C5=0 is a pretty smooth start from a full stop and ramps fairly smoothly to full power, but it's clearly not as smooth as the Rad controller's very-refined programming.  However, my town is quite hilly and the extra power is very handy when I need to haul my fatass up a couple of the monster hills.  Most of the time I'm in PAS 1-3 and power no more than about 600w, but every now and then 1580w is there when I need it, so a slightly less-smooth power ramp is fine.

If you don't need the extra torque, as "rjp" said, don't mess with the upgrade; you won't get any additional speed either.  Some places are just flat and that's fine.  By the way, that's a good package price for the controller and Juintech hybrid-hydraulic brake upgrade; I have and like both of those.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:35:47 AM by JimInPT »
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

avcomike

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2023, 02:57:56 PM »
I have a RAD mini ST 2018.Looking to change stem/handle bars also. I have found a folding stem on Aliexpress (Litepro folding bike stem) its approx 7" (19 cm) long and extends to approx 19" (28 CM) Folk clamp 28.6 MM,looks like it has one (1) pinch bolt, handle bar clamp 25.1-26.5 mm.  I will use BMX High rise handle bars. Have not ordered yet, as I do not have bike at my home. check it out, my help you.

Altema

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2023, 03:37:24 PM »
I have a RAD mini ST 2018.Looking to change stem/handle bars also. I have found a folding stem on Aliexpress (Litepro folding bike stem) its approx 7" (19 cm) long and extends to approx 19" (28 CM) Folk clamp 28.6 MM,looks like it has one (1) pinch bolt, handle bar clamp 25.1-26.5 mm.  I will use BMX High rise handle bars. Have not ordered yet, as I do not have bike at my home. check it out, my help you.

Another option if that does not work out, is on davidbrandnew.com. His folding stem also extends and he has a matching package with BMX bars, stem, and folding neck.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum