News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Re: City 5 plus Motor extraction: Alternatives

Started by bubblerings@gmail.com, April 25, 2022, 09:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

bubblerings@gmail.com

Does anyone out there have alternative suggestions for getting a City 5 Plus going if the motor is bad. Like, will a wheel assembly and motor from last years version work with this years version controller? Is there somewhere other than Rad's supply to source a compatible wheel assembly and motor that will fit a City 5 plus?

FL-GK

Quote from: bubblerings@gmail.com on April 25, 2022, 09:23:00 AM
Does anyone out there have alternative suggestions for getting a City 5 Plus going if the motor is bad. Like, will a wheel assembly and motor from last years version work with this years version controller? Is there somewhere other than Rad's supply to source a compatible wheel assembly and motor that will fit a City 5 plus?
I know that a Rover 6 controller will NOT work in a City 5 Plus even though they appear to have the same motor (it starts then shuts down, occasionally it will respond to pedal input). I was sent one inadvertently and I just installed it because from outside appearances they look the same. Point is it appears the controller has to match the motor, of course it could all just work but I would say if you buy a motor (used/new from where ever) get a controller and you should be able to use most of the other connections work (you might have to make some male to female mods or extend some). Not ideal but at lease you're riding (some of the third party controller, I read, can juice things up too, so it may turn out an upgrade).

Best of luck to you,

G