News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Error 25

Started by jbfoster, April 22, 2022, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

jbfoster

Well, I got Error 25 today. I unplugged the tail light and the error went away. How do I know if it's the tail light or the controller? I looked on Rad's site but did not see the controller or tail light. Hopefully they still sell the parts otherwise I will just keep the tail light unplugged.

Jim

jbfoster

Emailed RAD about 9 days ago but never received a response. Pretty poor service. I guess I will have to continue riding without a tail/brake light.

Jim

JimInPT

I've had emails take quite a while for a response last year, but eventually they did respond.

Try giving them a call; I've always gotten through very quickly and in each instance, including fixing a squeak I couldn't find while being walked through diagnosis and repair on the phone, everything was fixed fast and by the first person who answered the phone.  Bonus: in perfect English, too!
Shucks Ma'am, I'm no "Hero Member", I just like to wear this cape.

Eric7

Did you do something to the bike right before?

I installed the Rad rear rack and got the error so I figure it was in the extension cord for the light (moved from the frame to the rear rack).  So I unplugged and plugged the two ends of the extension cord and it went away.

Sometimes it is the controller too.  Today I was adjusting the bike putting the battery in and out and turning it on and off.  I got the Error 25.  I was tired and did not want to plug and unplug.  I took out the battery.  Put it back in.  The Error 25 went away.

I have no conclusion for any of this except to try removing and installing the battery.  Sometimes it fixes it. To me, that is easier than plugging and unplugging those darn connectors which is quite hard for me.

NaturallyRC

I got one too, yesterday, turning my Mini power back on after a coffee break, 25km from home. It quickly went away on its own, but scared me half to death. You do NOT want to pedal the Mini with no assist.

Quote from: jbfoster on April 22, 2022, 05:17:58 PM
Well, I got Error 25 today. I unplugged the tail light and the error went away. How do I know if it's the tail light or the controller? I looked on Rad's site but did not see the controller or tail light. Hopefully they still sell the parts otherwise I will just keep the tail light unplugged.

Jim