News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Bike rack option for Wrangler and an RV

Started by Schmack, April 22, 2022, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Schmack

I have both a Jeep Wrangler with 35 inch tires and a motorhome.  I'm looking for a receiver hitch bike rack that I can use on both.  Biggest issue is clearing the tire on the Wrangler without this thing hanging two feet off the back of the RV.  I would be hauling a Rover and Runner.

Any suggestions?

2sailors

FL-GK

I had to use a hitch extender, pretty sure this is the one I used : Draw-Tite 80307 2" x 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver Extension and one (or more, in your case) hitch tightener/stabilizers similar to this one : Hitch Tightener Anti-Rattle Clamp, Heavy Duty Steel Stabilizer for 1.25 and 2 inch Hitches 304 Stainless Steel Towing Hitch Mounts, Anti-Rust Double Coating Protective.

Also if you look from the rear most wheels of whatever your connecting those bike to imagine how high and or low that rack will be pivoting from that last wheel and that's the extra leverage you will have to accommodate for. So on your travel trailer for example if your rear most wheel is close to the hitch you will have less up down travel to accommodate for.

Also note many rack carriers are not rated for connecting to RV.

In my current set up I do not have to extend or stabilize but I've had to in the past and I also set up a simple cable strap with carbineer and strap from Husky. I still use this cable set up as it really limits the amount of movement.

Seems silly to say but I will anyway, take your batteries out and DON'T FORGET your key at home, it's almost totally useless for security but great for creating frustration if you forget them at home and now want to pop your battery out for the ride home (don't ask how I know that - LOL).