News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRunner - Where to put the lock?

Started by cantonmudfarms, April 26, 2020, 09:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

cantonmudfarms

Hi! I just got a RadRunner for my wife, and UBolt lock that can mount on the seat post but on a runner that is not really a thing. Where are you mounting the lock? I just have it in a bag on the handlebars for now, but not really a fan of that.

Ryan

Quote from: cantonmudfarms on April 26, 2020, 09:23:06 AM
Hi! I just got a RadRunner for my wife, and UBolt lock that can mount on the seat post but on a runner that is not really a thing. Where are you mounting the lock? I just have it in a bag on the handlebars for now, but not really a fan of that.

Depending on the mount you have I'd try for somewhere on the rear rack. I've also seen folks use zip ties/velcro or something similar to attach the U Lock to the frame. If you leave them loose enough you can unlock it when you need to use it.

kojiaiba

Hi, i reply now because i am new and it may help someone, i personnaly attached the lock holder of the ABUS bordo Granit X-Plus Big 6500 to the right rear side.

French RadRunner + owner

Jman

I put my Abus Ulock under the rear rack, fits perfect!  I also have a big kryptonite chain lock I wrap around the down tube.

FortunatelyTheMilk

My Abus Granit came with some clever mounting options, I found this to be the least intrusive.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Altema

Under rack and the rack upright look like nice choices. I tried keeping mine on top of the rack with bungee cords, but it came loose twice. I bought a rack bag and a smaller lock for general use (like restroom stops), and just take the big lock when I feel it will be needed. They both fit in the bag, but that U-lock and cable are heavy!