News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Passenger Seat

Started by smlmccrmck, April 18, 2022, 09:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

smlmccrmck

Hi Everyone--  I just ordered a Radrunner 2 (psyched!) and would like to add an after-market passenger seat with a backrest.  Does any one have any recommendations?  I'm leaning toward something like this, but also wondering if you think it would fit: https://amzn.to/3kknbo9  Thanks for your help!

malajo

I'm pretty sure that will fit like a glove.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tapatalk

smlmccrmck

Awesome to hear, Malajo.  Thank you for your quick reply!

smlmccrmck

Hi all, just a quick post to say that the passenger seat setup linked above works great on my radrunner 2 — in case anyone else is looking for a good alternative to Rad's passenger seat options.

ElectricRides

Quote from: smlmccrmck on April 27, 2022, 09:49:05 PM
Hi all, just a quick post to say that the passenger seat setup linked above works great on my radrunner 2 — in case anyone else is looking for a good alternative to Rad's passenger seat options.

Thank you for the update. Did you have to mod it in any way or did everything line up to just bolt it on?

smlmccrmck

No additional modifications for the seat, backrest, and handlebar required. The mounting bolts for the seat bottom do not line up with any of pre-drilled holes in the Radrunner 2's frame, but the brackets that come with the seat still allow the seat to be mounted securely to the rear rack, so no worries there.  You will, however, need to purchase two bolts, with nuts and washers, in order to mount the foot pegs to the Radrunner 2's foot peg holes (unless, of course, you'll be mounting the foot pegs to the rear wheel hub, as the designer of the passenger seat intended).   

marm9223

I'm going to purchase that today and try it out. Did you have any photos of yours?