News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Third party battery for 2016/2017 RadWagon: success!

Started by quadra700, April 07, 2022, 11:18:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

quadra700

After waiting for the official battery to be stocked again, I gave up and looked for alternatives out there.

The main seller (with customer comments about RadWagon compatibility) on Amazon list the item in stock and then cancel the order because they actually don't have them in stock. Do not bother.

I think as long as you search for a "Dolphin" style battery pack, you'll be able to find compatible or higher capacity battery packs.  I found my battery on directly on the ebikeling site where they shipped from Chicago.  Customer service was atrocious (asked about batteries without their logo and they said they couldn't answer - this was a simple yes or no question) but the product itself was fully compatible with our existing base.

I bought the "48V 12.8Ah Dolphin LG Ebike Battery" if that helps someone who needs a new battery. 

Turns out the battery had the logo on it. Tempted to see if nail polish remover will remove the ebikeling logo but not in a hurry and may wait until the warranty is up before doing anything drastic.

We've been using the battery for a couple of weeks now and are happy with the upgrade.

Just a heads-up if you're in the same place.