Author Topic: New Bike, newbie and lights don't work  (Read 2926 times)

Hanko374

• View Profile
New Bike, newbie and lights don't work
« on: April 07, 2022, 10:21:50 AM »
I just received my Rad City 5 plus. Put it all together per video/manual with relative ease. Went for my first spin and found my lights don't work, it was evening. Neither the headlight or the tail light would turn on. The brake lights however do work. Also noticed that both the headlight and tail light will blink momentarily when I shut the power off. All the electrical connections appear to be good and everything else appears to work fine.
I'm a bit disappointing as this is a brand new bike and quite frankly shouldn't have these problems. Has any one else experienced these issues or have fixes for this. Send an inquiry to RAD but haven't had a response yet. The last measure is to return the bike.

Thanks for any help,
Hank

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
Re: New Bike, newbie and lights don't work
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 12:15:49 PM »
I just received my Rad City 5 plus. Put it all together per video/manual with relative ease. Went for my first spin and found my lights don't work, it was evening. Neither the headlight or the tail light would turn on. The brake lights however do work. Also noticed that both the headlight and tail light will blink momentarily when I shut the power off. All the electrical connections appear to be good and everything else appears to work fine.
I'm a bit disappointing as this is a brand new bike and quite frankly shouldn't have these problems. Has any one else experienced these issues or have fixes for this. Send an inquiry to RAD but haven't had a response yet. The last measure is to return the bike.

Thanks for any help,
Hank

By now I would imagine it's fixed and it was the controller?

Hanko374

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 04:32:49 PM »
Yup it was the controller, they sent me a new one and the problem is solved. I ordered a bike for my wife and out of the box getting Error 30. Starting to get buyers regret.

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 07:22:26 PM »
Oh wow, I had that too. It’s the controller or you could have a bad connection so check all close. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I too had a few things go wrong but eventually everything was good. My trouble was controller and them sending incorrect parts and shipping delays. Best of luck!

Hanko374

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:44:12 PM »
Went through every connection I could find following RAD trouble shooting and nothing, still have the same problem. The UI remote shows one blinking battery bar (battery is fully charged) than the UI display shows error 30 and shuts down. What I don't understand is that it worked for a short while. Neither the throttle nor the power assist work. It's dead!

FL-GK

• I Love My e-Bike!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 05:51:39 AM »
Went through every connection I could find following RAD trouble shooting and nothing, still have the same problem. The UI remote shows one blinking battery bar (battery is fully charged) than the UI display shows error 30 and shuts down. What I don't understand is that it worked for a short while. Neither the throttle nor the power assist work. It's dead!
That's exactly how my controller acted. I was pretty sure it would NOT be the connections but it's well worth checking while you're waiting (shhh... don't tell anyone but I told support I thoroughly checked connections long before I actually did  - and with a fine tooth comb I might add - so they would ship since I had to call from work while away from my bike).

Well, as I said, sorry for your troubles, I feel you're pain as I was pretty much in the same place, all you can do is wait.

Treefriend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2022, 04:56:21 PM »

Did you ever resolve this issue, and if so, how?

Hanko374

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2022, 08:53:13 AM »
Rad sent me a new controller, Once I replaced it everything works fine.

CrabbyRad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 01:31:46 PM »
I had the same problem. They sent me a new controller and it worked fine for a month. Now headlights and tail light do not function but brake and flash still work on taillight.

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2022, 01:31:46 PM »