Author Topic: New Rad Power Bikes Pricing (tariffs)  (Read 7130 times)

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Rad Power Bikes Pricing (tariffs)
« on: January 31, 2019, 07:34:40 PM »
Back in August 2018 Rad Power Bikes announced that they were going to have to increase prices across their ebikes by $200 due to tariffs on electric bikes. They shared that they were eating some of the cost, but consumers were going to have to pay more as well. At the time I was happy I had purchased my bike earlier in the year to save the additional money. Today, the company announced that they were absorbing 100% of the tariffs and returning to their original pricing. They are also refunding customers the difference who purchased their ebikes already in 2019. It's great to see them still be able to deliver such a quality product at that price point.

Rad Power Bikes shared a little bit how they were able to achieve this in the below video and on their website: https://bit.ly/3cBMYlB

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:26:59 PM by Ryan »

Rjbur007

• View Profile
Re: New Rad Power Bikes Pricing (tariffs)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:28:12 AM »
Thanks for sharing.   That was a great link that explains it completely.   For the fun of it I actually went to the link in the article and wow they do have a number of job openings.   One of the reasons I purchased Rad.... ok... the primary reason I purchased from Rad Power Bikes was their people.  It just seem to be a great company with great founders and one I’d be proud to be a part of so rather than work there I bought two 2018 RadWagons on Black Friday to deal in my own way with the Tariff increase.   Thanks again for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 08:43:27 AM »
Thanks for sharing.   That was a great link that explains it completely.   For the fun of it I actually went to the link in the article and wow they do have a number of job openings.   One of the reasons I purchased Rad.... ok... the primary reason I purchased from Rad Power Bikes was their people.  It just seem to be a great company with great founders and one I’d be proud to be a part of so rather than work there I bought two 2018 RadWagons on Black Friday to deal in my own way with the Tariff increase.   Thanks again for sharing.

Totally agree, Mike and Ty just seem like genuine folks in all of the videos that I've watched. Plus if you dig deep into YouTube Mike has a few fun videos of some true DIY electric bikes. A true passion for sure!

rancher5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:05:49 PM »
Well theres plenty of Companies, Manufacturers moving production to other countries such as Vietnam, Malaysia ect, China is an ongoing Power that's just going to become and our to powerful, bullying countries throughout the World, Hong Kong is in active turmoil,
This said Corporations, Companies need to be proactive,  finding humane affordable manufacturing outside of China's oppressive regime.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RadBuddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »
I think the tariff rumors were over inflated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rad Power Bikes Owners Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »