News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

Upgrading a Rad Expand?

Started by Altema, April 02, 2022, 05:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Altema

I checked this morning, and the Mini ST is no longer available. So my wife and I had a discussion, and she asked what the difference was between the Mini and the Expand. I told her the main things were that the Expand had no suspension and no display (aside from the little LED's), then I suddenly realized I have a new suspension fork in the garage, along with the leftover display from my RadMini 4.

My question is; is the RadMini 4 display the same as the display upgrade Rad sells for the Expand? And is the RadMini front fork compatible with the Expand?

Ryan

Not sure on the fork but I was told from Rad that the upgraded display will work with the RadExpand. That seems like the best option - maybe buy a suspension seatpost if the front fork won't work.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

rsghowellnj

It is my understanding that the Rad Expand went to a 4" tire.  I'm reading that if you are riding on the road this bike should be okay.  Of road the recommendation is not to fill the tires to the max to soften the ride.  Otherwise this bike is not for you.  Again this is what I have been hearing on allot of the reviews.

Altema

Quote from: rsghowellnj on April 02, 2022, 08:33:14 AM
It is my understanding that the Rad Expand went to a 4" tire.  I'm reading that if you are riding on the road this bike should be okay.  Of road the recommendation is not to fill the tires to the max to soften the ride.  Otherwise this bike is not for you.  Again this is what I have been hearing on allot of the reviews.
Too bad, as the RadMini ST was just right.

Altema

I sent an email to Rad Customer support, so we shall see. Although I do have upgrade parts, the motor on the Expand is weaker (2.4 seconds slower to 20mph). Bringing it up to the level of the Mini ST would mean replacing the display, fork, bell, headlight, grips, brakes, chain ring, and now possibly even the motor.

Kaycee2

The Expand has plastic, non-foldable pedals.

Radio Runner

.....and possibly single wall rims.

Funny that the Mini is not listed anymore on their site but its still pictured all over their site and banner ads elsewhere.

NaturallyRC