News:

Welcome Rad Power Bike owners!

Buying a Rad Power Bike? Support the forum and use my affiliate link: https://bit.ly/2VMSVHl

Be sure to sign up for a free account to see posted images.

Note: To help support to ongoing costs of running
the site we use Amazon affiliate links.

Main Menu

RadRunner vs. RadRunner Plus

Started by Kevin Shook, April 21, 2020, 08:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic Rad E-Bike April 2024 Promotion

Kevin Shook

Hey Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum.  I was originally interested in purchasing a RadRunner.  After some research, I began looking at the RadRunner Plus as well.  I love the body style of these two bikes. 

For those that already own a RadRunner, do you think the Plus is the extra cost worth the front suspension and the 7 gears?  I do like all of the accessories that the Plus comes with, and would probably end up adding those to a RadRunner, if I went that route. After adding all of the accessories to RadRunner, the Plus ends up coming out about $200 more for the additional gears and suspension.  I'm curious if current RadRunner owners would like those additional gears and suspension. 

Thanks in advance!
~Kevin

JKRomeo

Hi Kevin,

I am also a newbie that bought a RadRunner in March before the lockdown.

Yes you are right, at the level of money you are willing to spend the RadRunner Plus should be a more value and versatile bike (for $200 there are NO off the shelve 7 speed cassette and front fork you can fit for the regular RadRunner, nor for any other bicycle); more capable with the 7 speed cassette and the front shock will surely give you bit more comfort. If I were to make the decision again, I will probably go for the Plus. Nevertheless, I bought the RadRunner for its scooter like style and passenger capability, not much of the dynamic ability. I was comparing it to the super73 ebikes and found the RadRunner more appealing due to the peddle travel difference coz I do want the exercise.

When comparing to other regular style bike, the RadRunner is not very efficient in terms of riding position and the single speed nature. but the package is cheaper, more appealing to my taste and overall acceptable for my commute.

Keep one thing in mind, the front saddle of the RadRunner (probably the plus as well) is quite harsh to most people's bump and I have upgraded that to a more comfortable gel seat to cope with my commute, can't be happier.

Hope i didn't confuse you. Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,
JK

Ryan

JK pretty much covered it all. I think the gearing is probably the biggest factor. If you are in a flat area or are a fairly capable biker I'd go with the RadRunner 1. If hills are at all a concern I'd go the Plus. It would be pretty disappointing to get a nice new ebike and then struggle on hills. Suspension is a nice bonus depending on terrain. If cost is a major concern consider the RadWagon, the minivan of all of the models. You get the 7 speed gearing and you could add a nice saddle and suspension seatpost and still be at less than the Plus ;D

sloppy